Feek's Friday Beer tasting service - Finally it's time for Part three. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commissario
After a break of a few weeks I'm pleased to announce the return of the Friday Beer Session.

I've been through all the beers in the local Tesco so a run to the local Co-Op was in order. It produced the following which I'll start consuming from left to right shortly.

K.

Man of Honour
Grrrrrr. I was going to have a lazy evening. I pondered over a drink but didn't fancy vodka or the usual brand beers. You've changed my mind, I'm off to the shops.........:p

Associate
Bit of a dodgy week at uni this week so its off into town to enjoy the new extended hours of drinking! Would love to stay in with a nice beer selection + watch the tv/films etc, but 1) I don't have a TV 2) I've watched all my DVD's i have atm 3) Town should be fun :)

Hope you enjoy your beer this week feek, was great reading your reviews on the black sheep ale, Parents brought me some Monty Python Holy ALE from their brewery, was lovely lovely lovely!

Hendrix

Man of Honour
Belmit said:
Rosey Nosey? Sounds good! I'll be interested to hear what an ale endorsed by Santa himself is like...

I had a "Christmas Beer" last year. While I don't think Santa gave it the official thumbs up, it looked interesting. 10%, and it was rather thick when compared to your average ale. Can't say I was a fan.

iCraig said:
Wouldn't you rather share tonight and that fine ale with friends, rather than over the internet?

Nowt wrong with T'internet drinking. To avoid the whole 'drinking on your own' situation I always keep one active MSN window open.....

woop.jpg

Tonights rather unimpressive selection from my local Scummerfield. Despite my razor-like wit and flawless writing skills I will not be reviewing, but watching Hollyoaks followed by Team America :o

Soldato
I think I might partake in a few drinks to make my Final Year Project coding more fun! The question is do I stick to Guinness (I have quite a few cans in already) or head to tesco first for something else.

Associate
I've read your last two beer threads Feek, and you've inspired me to sample some of this 'real ale' stuff. Sorry, no pics but my choices for tonight are:

Waggle Dance
Abbot Ale
Badger's Golden Champion
Badger's First Gold
Badger's Golden Glory (this was the first Badger beer I tried, lovely stuff so I thought I'd try some of the others).

I will not be reviewing them however as I'm still a bit of a n00b when it comes to ale...

Commissario
OP
Ah McEwans no.1, i have a bottle of that in the fridge
NO, NO and thrice NO. Go and take it out of the fridge now.

Right, without further ado, I will start.

The Freeminer Brewery, Fairtrade Honey Ale.

Never heard of it, never seen it before.

"This full flavoured golden coloured ale is brewed exclusively for the Co-Op by the award winning freeminer brewery in the Royal Forest of Dean. Brewed using First Gold Hops from Worcestershire and Fairtrade honey from Chile, the beer enjoys a silky aroma of hops and honey and a long smooth finish."

Aroma? This 4.6% brew has no smell at all. It's very pale compared to other ales and ...... [sips]... Oh yes, this is very nice. I can't specifically notice a honey taste but it's a good brew. Technically it's an own-label Co-Op product but it's not bland. It's maybe more of a summer ale, but I could manage a few of these with no problems :)

K.

Soldato
gah, i dont like warm drinks, i like them chilled, so it'll stay in the fridge im afraid

did you check the sig request thread feek?

Commissario
OP
Batemans Rosey Nosey

It's Christmas Ale. It has Father Christmas on the front!

"This beer, with it's roasted barley and oven baked wheat will really compliment your turkey"

Well that says nothing about it at all. It's a 4.9% beer with no real aroma. Quite a dark brew with no visible head after being poured at an average speed.

Yummmm, this is a nice tasty brew. Much stronger flavour than the Honey Ale, it's a definate beer for dark cold nights, sitting around a roaring fireplace. Bothe the barley and wheat are noticable in the complicated flavour.

K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom