Feeling stupid, but how do fit the HDD

Associate
Been busy installing all my new parts into a new case, but i'm now stuck. How do the SSD and HDD fit into the drive bays, i can't work it out. The case i have is the Kolink Stronghold Midi tower.

Soldato
If you remove the glass side panel the SSD mounts are on the right hand side (The 4 rectangle shapes). There should be holes that match up with the holes on the SSD. Just use a short screw for that to fix it in place. With an SSD though you can basically just leave it anywhere as no moving parts so not a big issue. I have a couple in my case that are just hanging from the sata cable.

The hard drive cage is just below it, and you will need to take the other side panel off. Depending on what the system is you might have to screw them in as well. The holes on the sides of the HDD should line up.

The SSD might actually mount at the rear so try both ways.

Soldato
The 2nd pic shows holes that the HDD should line up with to screw in. Try the hdd both ways up to see where it lines up. For the left side you might have to take the front panel off to gain access.

Soldato
Do you have hard Drive rails included with that case
Nope, what are they.

H9RsbWV.jpg

They slide in and sit on the grooves that you can see in the second picture :)

Do you know what case it is?

Read all of OP now, looks like that case has a weird mechanism to mount them, rather than these sled type systems that are common today.

Back
Top Bottom