Few more pics....

Associate
Few from the last few days. First one is taken near Low Force in Tees Valley over the weekend.

sheepweb.jpg

This one is on York Uni campus and was carved out of a dead oak tree. Annoyingly there is a bit of shadow on the bottom of the tree, which I feel knackers up the shot!

treecarvingweb%7E4.jpg

Last one is of York Minster. Taken before xmas.

yorkminsterweb.jpg

Dave

Soldato
I think the second one would be good in low light, maybe with some light painting (and I don't mean attack it with gloss!). The last one would look better in black and white I think.

Soldato
i disagree the last one is stunning as a sepia-esque photo! Allthough i'd like to see it photoshopped to add a BIT more contrast and bring the brightness down a tad, but it's a great pic! nice 1 !

Soldato
Docaroo said:
i disagree the last one is stunning as a sepia-esque photo! Allthough i'd like to see it photoshopped to add a BIT more contrast and bring the brightness down a tad, but it's a great pic! nice 1 !

Good advice, I'd like to see what that would do to an already good photo.
I don't have an exif viewer on this uni computer, what cam did you take these with?

Associate
OP
Docaroo said:

Cheers. Have altered it slightly. Not sure if it looks any better/different! :D

yorkminsterweb2.jpg

Photos were taken using a D50.

Dave

Caporegime
Not really a fan of the first one, a lot of the shot (mainly the trees on the left hand shot) seems to be ghosted. Is it a HDR?

The third one I really like. :)

Soldato
I went to the church in town after work tonight, hoping for fog. All I got was half frozen, and discovered that polorizers have funny effects on focusing in certain lighting.

Then the chav morons arrived with their white lightning and morally lacking girlfriends, and that was the end of that. I tried to get some shots of the gardens around it too, as there is nice light in that area, but no tripod = not happening.

Soldato
divuk83 said:
Cheers. Have altered it slightly. Not sure if it looks any better/different! :D

yorkminsterweb2.jpg

Photos were taken using a D50.

Dave

Just lovely Dave, I think you got it just right - it really adds a spooky feel around the bottom of the photo...

This is a just a great photo, I love it!! Excellent work there!

Back
Top Bottom