Fiat Punto Orange warning light?

Associate
On the way to work girlfriend said her car is showing a orange light on her dashboard, its next to the rev counter just bellow, and its retangle, with like squiggly lines coming up from the bottom with arrows on the top, any idea what this means?

Associate
OP
It's a Punto, something is probably malfunctioning, it's wise to check ;)

Funny you should say that, on this punto every thing is malfunctioning girlfriend bought it on advise from her grandad, i had no say on it, for £1100 last year, so far she has spent £983 on it trying to get it right, New back box and centre pipe, near front and rear pads and discs, and some brake lines, new battery new top gasket on engine as it was leaking and still is, and 4 new tyres as they were all illegal when she bought it! and to top it all off now theirs a hole in the manifold which has the catalyst built into it, so it sounds like a tank, and the little ends are tapping like mad!

After spending so much on it i was going to make a project out of it and buy a new engine and manifold off ebay and have a go at doing it myself, but not sure its worth the effort.

Last edited:
Soldato
You gotta love Fiat and their wacky placed warning lights. The other day my Fiat Sedici arrived home on a low loader with the AA. My Partner had called them out because the oil light started flashing about 1 minute after driving away.

I called Fiat and consulted the hand book which says a flashing light indicates it is due and oil change in the next 1000 miles. It has nothing to do with pressure, the light goes out again after 60 seconds.

She did the right thing as I have always been told that if the light comes on stop the engine immediately.

Back
Top Bottom