• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

Caporegime
Maybe try for a third time:p @Nexus18 Steam GPU HARDWARE stats!

Nothing to do with game support, its DLSS/FSR capable hardware, again, next to nothing runs DLSS in the top 10 of gpus owned, where as every top 10 gpu runs FSR.

Ah fair! TBF, your first post didn't mention either games or the hardware so not exactly clear on what you were referring to :p

Wasn't there some stats from a 3rd party source that showed there being more 20xx/30xx owners than all of rdna 2 lineup owners combined???

Soldato
Ah fair! TBF, your first post didn't mention either games or the hardware so not exactly clear on what you were referring to :p

Wasn't there some stats from a 3rd party source that showed there being more 20xx/30xx owners than all of rdna 2 lineup owners combined???
Fair enough, but as far as Nv's concerned Rdna2 doesnt matter, thats not their sales target, its their own userbase they target, but their own users dont need to upgrade for upscaling, AMD made it available.

Permabanned
d.va exclusive!!!

maxresdefault.jpg

Soldato
if you have not already played this it's a great game, might install it again seeing I played this on my VEGA 64 at 1440p with few settings turned down.

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has a new, free update on PC. Featuring the visual enhancements we introduced to Xbox Series X|S earlier this year, plus expanded Ray Tracing options alongside both NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR support.

Soldato
Just tried HZD with FSR, but it has LOD bias issues same as DLSS, moreover it makes the foliage shimmer a lot more obvious (even at 4K UQ) to the point that even simple upscale seems preferable (also 4K UQ). Guessing I'll just have to add CAS back in myself and adjust it accordingly for the best result.

Man of Honour
Mentioned it in the Quake 2 RTX thread but while not officially released yet Quake 2 RTX with FSR and HDR support is now available

https://github.com/NVIDIA/Q2RTX/actions

Click on the latest workflow branch and you can download the binary package under Artifacts and extract manually to your Quake II RTX folder.

I believe it is possible to use both FSR and TAAU in conjunction with this release to improve quality further beyond just FSR.

Soldato
What a very nice performance boost. This game plays so well now at 4k maxed out. I honestly looked and couldn't see any difference between the two just the frame rate boost. Them demanding areas now a dream to play at 4k.

280693829d8f3fa43fd708f2856d60b3cc53ec1bb93adeb7daa4169376924af163b2f1f3.jpg

0529280488db5612918023332611d7ab19919e0046258b3d267b9946a7b16a70a9ad5d6e.jpg

Soldato
Nice boost to performance. Not tried it myself yet but looking at that Youtube video I couldn't see any image differences.

I thought some of the closer stuff - FSR looked sharper. Haven't played this game yet - next after finishing CP2077

It's because the benchmark has the city area as its focus and sharpening works best on buildings and the like, particularly stone & brick. It's when you run into foliage (and sunlight) that it becomes very obvious what the issue is. Youtube compression also masks it quite a bit. HZD in particular has a very "lax" TAA so it makes shimmering and general aliasing more obvious but in return the image tends to be sharper & clearer also, but when you also add extra sharpening then the issues are exacerbated.

Soldato
It's because the benchmark has the city area as its focus and sharpening works best on buildings and the like, particularly stone & brick. It's when you run into foliage (and sunlight) that it becomes very obvious what the issue is. Youtube compression also masks it quite a bit. HZD in particular has a very "lax" TAA so it makes shimmering and general aliasing more obvious but in return the image tends to be sharper & clearer also, but when you also add extra sharpening then the issues are exacerbated.

Not tried day time in the game yet but I am sure the trade off with performance gain is still worth having FSR enabled.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom