Fiesta MK8

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I got my Titanium X Fiesta (2013) brand new through Drivethedeal. Can't remember how much off the list price, but I know it was a few grand.

I ticked every option minus the full leather seats, for comparison.

IIRC I paid £14,000 and that seemed like a lot then but £20k is madness.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
That's nearly Polo GTI+ territory @ 22kish I believe before any broker discount, albeit awfully long lead times.

Seems a lot for a non-flagship model.

Soldato
Think you're being pretty silly not looking at cars a class up that may have some of the options you particularly want as standard.

Also to let you know door edge protectors are useless and will break quite a lot, blind Spot info great if it's free but I can't see the value when it's not part of a pack and you are never going to use auto park in a supermini

Mobster
Soldato
OP
Think you're being pretty silly not looking at cars a class up that may have some of the options you particularly want as standard.

Also to let you know door edge protectors are useless and will break quite a lot, blind Spot info great if it's free but I can't see the value when it's not part of a pack and you are never going to use auto park in a supermini

Thanks mate, I am looking at all the options at the moment. Just thought some might be interested in the price. I think it's far too much.

Soldato
Have you considered just getting a nice Mk7 Fiesta instead? You could get one that's still got warranty left, with loads of toys and the 1.0T engine for much less, and you let some other guy pay list price and take all the depreciation hit.

It's what I would do in your shoes.

Soldato
I'm doing lots of research and taking a step back. Don't worry I don't intend to rush into anything, this is all still up for consideration.

I really do appreciate all the advice.

Sure I get you but I really don't want a large car. I really like the size of the Fiesta/Mazda2/Corsa.

Right, so somebody with my options minus the paint, was able to get one for about £15,800. This seems far more reasonable to me. Was via a broker so think I'll shop around a bit.
I've gone from an A3 (3 door) to a 5 Series Touring and wouldn't go back. Large cars are so easy to drive when you get used to them. Took me less than a day to adjust to my new car.

You'll get so much more for so little moving up a class.

Soldato
Made a thread about LED headlamps but I think a new thread makes more sense in general!

Looking to possibly buy a Fiesta MK8. Looks like the trim will have to be the Titanium X as I want to add all of this stuff:

uBmm57d.png

What is the view on the Fiesta in general? I have test driven one and really enjoyed it. What's reliability like? Should I be going for the 125PS over the 100PS or will I not notice it?

Probably get it on finance and I think I can get a much better deal than Ford has provided. Is there a price I should be looking at for one of these where you'd go "buy it no question"?

Many thanks.
https://www.orangewheels.co.uk/enquiries/738267/enquiry_details/new.html The mk8 is far better than the mk7.5 was, especially the interior and the refinement. I have been driving around in my partners one last week and it has a big car feel to it and coming from my 2017 A4 it is fun to drive.
Many said the same about the price of a focus when it hit £18000 in 2011 but they still went out and brought it.
You have some very specific options chosen though, I don't know but maybe you need to ask if you really need led headlamps and driver assist?
There is no real benefit in going for the 125 as the torque is the same and there is little difference in the performance.

Soldato
The MK8 is nice, we've not seen any real problems with them (yet), I think the worst problems have been interior light faults and radio not turning off which were software updates. £21k is stupid money though. Ford are trying too hard to up their image, and prices have reflected that, yet people generally don't want to pay BMW money for a blue oval. Plus, the likes of Kia have stepped up their game and filled in the gap Ford left.

Soldato
People keep quoting the £21k figure, but an entry level Style is about £11,700 from a broker. Zetec 100ps is less than £13,500 and they're fairly well specced for the class, trim level and price.

These cars are more in the vein of the MK1 Focus and MK4 Golf now- small family cars (the new Fiesta is wider than the MK1 Focus, new Polo is larger all around than a MK4 Golf, I believe). The Up/Ka/i10 have taken over the role of the earlier Fiestas, being the entry level cars and cheaper, smaller etc.

Remember that there used to be a larger saloon car above the Mondeo and equivalents from mainstream manufacturers, but with everything getting larger, there's no longer any need (other than SUVs, which are a different kettle of fish).

Soldato
The fundamental problem with small cars is that buyers desire all the kit/comfort/NVH/safety etc that larger cars have. The basics of the car itself are not much different to build cost wise, but once you add in all the other stuff the costs become even closer. This is why Ford has taken the decision to push the Fiesta upmarket and charge a lot more for it. My guess is that it would not have been profitable otherwise.

They then had to slot the KA+ in underneath which is a much cheaper car to build as it is a lot more basic (originally developed for less demanding markets).

Soldato
TBH spend way less and buy a 2 year old mk7 ST3 instead.

The 1.6t in those is probably the most reliable of the lot as well. Not much more expensive to run either.

Soldato
The fundamental problem with small cars is that buyers desire all the kit/comfort/NVH/safety etc that larger cars have.

It's something that has bugged me for a while, the lack of small cars that are quiet and comfortable. We don't need and nor can we afford a big barge, but still want something comfortable and quiet. Not really that fussed about having all the toys, space and super-dooper tech safety gubbins. Even the Audi A1 has pretty bad cabin noise compared to the A3.

Back
Top Bottom