Fifa 07 xbox 360 demo now up on marketplace

Caporegime
KennyBhoy said:
You gotta be ******* me man!!! :mad: :mad:

I can not believe such crap...Thats ****** me right off now...Us folk in Scotland don't get our SPL, no Old Firm games?......WTF EA....Seriously, WTF! :mad:
But you can play the Mexican league! Arrrrriibbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa!

It's a joke, not even the portuguese league.

Associate
I heard the 360 version was getting less leagues but I didn't expect it to be as few as six (Well seven if you include the one team Serie B). Definitely won't be buying it. Will either rent it or borrow it from a mate (If I can find someone daft enough to pay £40 for it).

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
But you can play the Mexican league! Arrrrriibbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa!

Excellent, can't wait to kick start my season with Cruz Azul :( ;)

Played the demo a few times...I think it looks worse than Fifa WC...Looks lacking in colour...New ball "physics" seems ok.....

Still gutted about the missing Leagues though :(

/edit - also so CHEAP that their using Maddens menu system....I have no doubt NHL and NBA have the same.....Nothing like imagination EA :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
just had a couple of games, still not sold by any stretch of the imagination but a huge step in the right direction.

Major Gripes

- not fully in control , still feel like waiting for animations to finish before i can move

- Graphics, bad frame rates on close ups and players faces look scary

no evo beater, not even close

Man of Honour
Was hoping the six league thing wasnt true and just a rumour, but then noticed at the start of the demo it only shows the six league badges :(

Oh well, guess its Pro evo 6 this time

Soldato
Pretty much what I expected, ok but not great. Shocking decision if they are to release the game with so little leagues, can see that back firing big style.

Really just hope Pro Evo steps up a gear this year, always been drawn towards Pro Evo but always felt let down by Konamis presentational skills. Definitely buying Pro Evo, cant say Ill bother with Fifa but god I want a football game now after playing this :(

Soldato
there won't be a proper names patch not for the 360 version anyway of PES, for the xbox there will be for modified consoles as before done by talented fans/hackers but seeing the 360 cannot accept non digitally signed code endorsed by MS and seeing the Offical names are licenced to the Fifa series only it'll never see the light of day on 360

Soldato
McManicMan said:
there won't be a proper names patch not for the 360 version anyway of PES

I think there will be, but the only way to use it will be via a HDD connectivity kit like the ones you can buy so you can shove the edited files onto your HDD.

Soldato
pmsl at the fact there is Serie B league with 1 team ahhhhhhhahahaha whats the point.
I really hope that what they semi hinted at in the start of the article, i.e. lack of disk space, isn't the problem.
I do think its funny how the only system not to get all the leagues is the one with a marketplace :rolleyes: good old EA and MS.

And only 21 stadiums?? ehhh whats that all aboot?

Soldato
Just downloaded this and had a few games.

Good points:
- Presentation is spot on as usual.
- Nice little ronaldinho game at start.
- Player animations are nice.
- Ball physics have vastly improved.

Bad points:
- Graphics are very poor.
- The game is still slow and jerky. Frame rate issues.
- Players are still slow to react.
- Such few leagues and stadiums in the final game.

The game just still doesnt feel as free and fluent as pro evo. All this talk about it being a pro evo beater is nonsense. PES5 still beats this. Dont get me wrong, this is a vast improvement over the last fifa games and definitely a step in the right direction, but it's still a mile off.

Pro Evo 6 all the way.

Associate
McManicMan said:
there won't be a proper names patch not for the 360 version anyway of PES, for the xbox there will be for modified consoles as before done by talented fans/hackers but seeing the 360 cannot accept non digitally signed code endorsed by MS and seeing the Offical names are licenced to the Fifa series only it'll never see the light of day on 360

The game comes with an editor that allows you to change the name of clubs and players. Someone will no doubt produce a save file (Hopefully one that isn't connected to a login). Then using an Xsata you can transfer that file from a pc to the 360. This has always happened on the PS2 and X-Box for those without modifed consoles.

Those with modifed consoles could download patches that included stuff like name/club changes but the bulk of the patch was for kits, stadiums, chants etc etc.

Caporegime
McManicMan said:

You can modify shirts etc... in the options menu and save them to memory card, therefore it's very easy to get the patch sorted.

Back
Top Bottom