Fifa 07 xbox 360 demo now up on marketplace

Soldato
marscay said:
that's absolute ********, even between the winning eleven and pes release they play a little bit different, let alone year to year.

Personally i think PES has taken a few steps backwards over its release's in the past few years and a lot of people think the same, i still like PES but i also like Fifa, i can enjoy both, both have their advantages and disadvantages.
i dunno how you can say fifa is "yearly updates with cosmetic changes" as thats untrue, if it seems true to you then the same can be said for PES.

Why are PES fans so touchy on the subject anyway, lol?, do they feel let down in some way? ;), and BTW if you knew your football you would know that the 360 version has been completely rewritten for the 07 edition

*waits for the they didn't do a very good job PES fanboy typical comment"
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
McManicMan said:
Personally i think PES has taken a few steps backwards over its release's in the past few years

I'll give you that one, I for one found 5 unplayable for various reasons.

However, when the gameplay is so close to perfect it is only small 'tweaks' here and there that are required. It's no surprise that at times some of the changes are disliked by some people.

With Fifa, EA are making slight changes to a game which is quite widely regarded as being poor at best. When the times comes that EA completely rework Fifa from the ground up, then you will see people (pro evo fans included) judge it with an open mind. At the moment it's hard not to look at it and think same old Fifa. Then you play it and it's even worse.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Why do Fifa fans feel the need to praise a game that is quite obviously crap? ;)

Exactly. I honestly can't get my head round why people would prefer fifa to pro.

Also EA get slagged because all they seem to do is rip off the consumer.

Soldato
McManicMan said:
Personally i think PES has taken a few steps backwards over its release's in the past few years and a lot of people think the same, i still like PES but i also like Fifa, i can enjoy both, both have their advantages and disadvantages.
i dunno how you can say fifa is "yearly updates with cosmetic changes" as thats untrue, if it seems true to you then the same can be said for PES.

Why are PES fans so touchy on the subject anyway, lol?, do they feel let down in some way? ;), and BTW if you knew your football you would know that the 360 version has been completely rewritten for the 07 edition

i know football, i just haven't bothered trying fifa since along time because it never changes.

so they've re-written it and it still plays the same according to those who have played the demo ....lol

i'm no konami fanboy, i just like a realistic footie game where i can't hit 3 overhead goals with sol campbell in 1 game :p

btw i've always preferred winning eleven to pes, they're the same but they're not if you know what i mean.....anyone really into the series will know what i mean ....plus the jap commentary is great.

Last edited:
Soldato
McManicMan said:
and BTW if you knew your football you would know that the 360 version has been completely rewritten for the 07 edition

That just makes things even worse, it should be better than it is if it has been "completely rewritten".

You sure they didnt just spend the time pressing the delete key? ;)

Caporegime
I remember playing Pro Evolution Soccer on the PS2 for the first time, it was a present from my dad for his friend, but I played it so much over the 4 days I had it that it scratched from playing and he had to buy another copy.

The best part was playing it and thinking to myself 'this plays how football looks', it was the basic movements of animation flowed so nicely that I was stunned, I still play Fifa now and it feels like I'm playing stopgap animation, you can see clearly when the animation frame changes all the time when playing, especially when shooting and vollying, the only time you get that impression in PES is when you score a goal and your man is stood there motionless before running off in celebration.

Caporegime
marscay said:
btw i've always preferred winning eleven to pes, they're the same but they're not if you know what i mean.....anyone really into the series will know what i mean ....plus the jap commentary is great.
Me and my friend quite often play with Spanish commentary, especially when it becomes repetative. Gol gol gol gol goooooooooooooaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

Man of Honour
McManicMan said:
and BTW if you knew your football you would know that the 360 version has been completely rewritten for the 07 edition

I know my football as well as anyone, and I know games as well as anyone, and one thing I know is that the completely rewritten version of Fifa 07 has more holes in it's gameplay than Newcastle's defence. I wanted it to be good, I really did, and anyone who's spotted me playing games on the 360 recently will have seen that I've put a lot of time into the Fifa demo. It does do a number of things very well (and I'm not talking about the license or graphics), but the things it has gotten wrong are unfortunately very big ones that are capable of making me want to punch something.

So you can call me a PES fanboy all you want, I quite frankly don't care, but whatever label you slap me with, it doesn't make my opinion any less valid.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
I know my football as well as anyone, and I know games as well as anyone, and one thing I know is that the completely rewritten version of Fifa 07 has more holes in it's gameplay than Newcastle's defence.

That Hurt :(

(True though)

Associate
I have played the demo quite a few times and i do have to say its bad but is it not just the demo ?
Maybe its just a preview of the game because the players don't look as good or as realistic as on 06 Germany and there are gagies everywhere.

And im not to sure about the new controls and they haven't put the tricks in or the star player system so this is what makes me think its just a tech preview demo to show of the ball physics or something which i do think are good. and maybe the final release will be more polished up.

Or i hope so....

XD-3

PS: i do like the bit at the start though with ronaldhinio and if you look at his textures they do look quite good his hair even moves...

Last edited:
Associate
played the demo last nigh. Graphics are the best so far for fifa...The control systme is so detached! I never really felt I was doing anything...no feel etc..Worrying for me. I was really looking forward to this. I hope it gets better!

Don
I've had a few plays on it now and it's quite intruiging to see what the real game is like.
I like the players looking like their "real" selfs, Carrick etc.
Also the sound on surround sound is great. The sound affects, scoring, hitting post is greatly improved.
Seems quite an improvement on the attrocious WC games but I doubt I will buy it as i'm confident it will be the same old drivel after a few plays of the real thing.

Soldato
spudstudios said:
played the demo last nigh. Graphics are the best so far for fifa...The control systme is so detached! I never really felt I was doing anything...no feel etc..Worrying for me. I was really looking forward to this. I hope it gets better!

lack of feel is what all fifa games give me, you never really feel totally in control.

does repka outpace henry in the demo? :D

Back
Top Bottom