FIFA Confederations Cup ** Spoilers ** [17th June - 2nd July 2017]

Man of Honour
Russia, the hosts, will compete for the title against current world champions Germany and the reigning champions of FIFA's six confederations: Australia, Cameroon, Chile, Mexico, Portugal and New Zealand.

Coverage on ITV / ITV4

Caporegime
Looking at the teams involved I'd expect Chile or Germany to win it. Keep in mind I've not seen Chile play in about 3 years. :p

Caporegime
Terribly done way to get the right decision. By that I mean rather than showing replays of the goal, the freekick and the offside as they usually would, they showed the ref with his finger on his ear piece and then a split screen with people watching the video. In that 30 seconds we could also see that video, the thing I don't get is, the replays should be shown in stadium as well. Fans aren't retards(mostly) they will be far more angry at a sign from the ref he's changing it due to video than seeing the video replay themselves and even if you're reluctant to admit it, most fans would admit it was offside.

Caporegime
I'm not sure about that decision, they've disallowed it for an offside that occured about two phases before the goal, before Ronaldo hit the bar. How far do you go back?

Caporegime
I wouldn't say two phases, they had the ball the whole time and it was only like what 15 seconds. The fact is none of that would happen if the call was given straight away.

There does need to be a sensible limit on how far back they go though. Anyway, now 1-0 fairly and without the need for replay. fantastic pass by Ronaldo, easy goal. Defence just a tad scared of Ronaldo seemed to forget there was danger from anyone else at all.

Caporegime
Stevie Wonder must be in the TV review room. I think that was so close it was a ridiculous decision to overturn it. Rather than relying on the judgement of the linesman/referee you're just transferring it to the TV review guy, they should only overturn decisions that are blatantly wrong.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Really they need to do what happens in cricket, tennis, NFL, NBA, Rugby etc etc basically any sport where video replay is used by officials is to show them on stadium screens and allow TV broadcasters to show what is being shown to the officials.

Caporegime
If they insist on this technology they should change the criteria to being the part of the body that is scored with, his position on the pitch was level he was just leaning offside. TBH I don't know why the offside rule isn't just position of the feet on the pitch.

Caporegime
If they insist on this technology they should change the criteria to being the part of the body that is scored with, his position on the pitch was level he was just leaning offside. TBH I don't know why the offside rule isn't just position of the feet on the pitch.

Because you can score with something other than your feet.

Back
Top Bottom