FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

You know when you make the FIFA look good that you done proper ****** up.

If he'd done the decent thing and made public and private apologies to her this would have been swiftly over. Instead he's burn down everything around him. The Spanish FA look incredibly bad here, I hope they're getting it in the neck from everyone.

I just watched that there. First off he walks up to her and says on the cheek. So was clearly willing. Secondly he goes in again so is willing. She also basically said come and kiss me and offered.

Two completely different situations.
You didn't read the original article then? Or you did but don't know how to respond to it?

Well no its not. I was interested to see if anyone would have been clamouring for her to resign and whether people view her as a disgusting scumbag.
I think in reality it didn't get much traction because it's a women doing it to a man, there is less of a physical threat potential generally - I totally think more should have been made of it because if it'd had been a male star doing it to a female, people wouldn't be happy. There is also likely an amount of "yeah but Katy Perry is fit tho so it's ok", but it really shouldn't be that way

Complete overreaction with the whole 'sexual assault' claims tbh.

There's a difference between going up to someone, random or not, and just kissing them for no reason without their consent, and celebrating winning a WC with one of your country's players, and in the moment kissing them.

This should have been a simple 'Sorry I didn't know you would be so offended by the kiss, won't happen again' and move on.

I'm sure if it was the other way around and a woman kissed a man like that, it would be a total non issue. And women claim they want equality with men :rolleyes:

I think in reality it didn't get much traction because it's a women doing it to a man, there is less of a physical threat potential generally - I totally think more should have been made of it because if it'd had been a male star doing it to a female, people wouldn't be happy. There is also likely an amount of "yeah but Katy Perry is fit tho so it's ok", but it really shouldn't be that way
I think in both situations it should just be an apology and then move on as I don't think either are sexually motivated, although possibly inappropriate from a power position. She looked like she could give as good as she got with regard to the outpouring of emotion.

I agree regarding the physical differences but is there really a threat, in that moment?

Its funny most don't have an answer when presented with the situation reversed, they would rather ignore it as it doesn't fit in with their immovable view. I appreciate the sensible reply.

We’ve moved on socially now, it’s just not going to be accepted now. Women just aren’t going to put with this type of thing anymore. The guys in a position of power and has abused it. It’s not just the kiss, it’s the arm around her in the changing room telling her they’re going to get married, it’s the grabbing his balls in front of a 16 year old girl.

Spain's entire coaching staff from their World Cup win, except for manager Jorge Vilda, have resigned over the Luis Rubiales row.

Source BBC

Guessing there really is nothing more to this than a simple mistake.

Last edited:
I think in both situations it should just be an apology and then move on as I don't think either are sexually motivated, although possibly inappropriate from a power position. She looked like she could give as good as she got with regard to the outpouring of emotion.

I agree regarding the physical differences but is there really a threat, in that moment?

Its funny most don't have an answer when presented with the situation reversed, they would rather ignore it as it doesn't fit in with their immovable view. I appreciate the sensible reply.

No what’s funny is your understanding of what is and what isn’t sexual assault. That’s pretty clear, you’ve made that clear over several pages.

Not funny in a “ha ha” way either.

It’s not acceptable regardless of who it is. It’s sexual assault regardless of who it is, whether that be a man to a woman or a woman to a man, man to a man or woman to a woman.

Last edited:
No what’s funny is your understanding of what is and what isn’t sexual assault. That’s pretty clear, you’ve made that clear over several pages.

Not funny in a “ha ha” way either.

It’s not acceptable regardless of who it is. It’s sexual assault regardless of who it is, whether that be a man to a woman or a woman to a man, man to a man or woman to a woman.
Why are you getting so upset about it? You are talking about a moment where a female player hugged a man, lifted him up in elation and he pecked her on the lips and they smacked each other...that's all there is to it.

Its fairly clear what sexual assault is, and this isn't it. If you are walking down the street and grabbed some girl, kissed her....that could potentially be assault. I'm assuming at the time you wanted Katy Perry to resign?

Why are you getting so upset about it? You are talking about a moment where a female player hugged a man, lifted him up in elation and he pecked her on the lips and they smacked each other...that's all there is to it.

Its fairly clear what sexual assault is, and this isn't it. If you are walking down the street and grabbed some girl, kissed her....that could potentially be assault. I'm assuming at the time you wanted Katy Perry to resign?

I didn’t know anything about what Katy Perry does or did do on some TV show until you brought it up. If I’d seen it at the time and the bloke felt strongly enough about it to complain then yes absolutely.

Getting back to the point in question, because you keep wanting to try and change the subject…. You’re talking nonsense, complete nonsense. He literally grabs her by the head and full on lands one on her, she couldn’t have gotten out of the way if she tried. That is absolutely, 100% sexual assault.

You’re right about one thing though, it is clear what sexual assault is you just don’t know. I mean lol at “if you walked down the street, grabbed and kissed a girl it could potentially be assault”

“Potentially”. LOL. There’s no hope.

Last edited:
I didn’t know anything about what Katy Perry does or did do on some TV show until you brought it up. If I’d seen it at the time and the bloke felt strongly enough about it to complain then yes absolutely.

Getting back to the point in question, because you keep wanting to try and change the subject…. You’re talking nonsense, complete nonsense. He literally grabs her by the head and full on lands one on her, she couldn’t have gotten out of the way if she tried. That is absolutely, 100% sexual assault.

You’re right about one thing though, it is clear what sexual assault is you just don’t know. I mean lol at “if you walked down the street and kissed someone it could potentially be assault”

“Potentially”. LOL. There’s no hope.
Hmm I wonder why you didn't know anything about it, maybe because nobody gave a crap?

Nobody is changing the subject, it was relevant as a comparison.

Well I'm obviously not talking nonsense because I literally described what happened in the video.

Potentially sexual assault yes because things like that need to be investigated and questioned just like most potential crimes. This is actually problem with this argument, its just reee sexual assault without even thinking about it.

I've just reminded myself why I don't tend to get involved with controversial topics, its exhausting.

Hmm I wonder why you didn't know anything about it, maybe because nobody gave a crap?

Nobody is changing the subject, it was relevant as a comparison.

Well I'm obviously not talking nonsense because I literally described what happened in the video.

Potentially sexual assault yes because things like that need to be investigated and questioned just like most potential crimes. This is actually problem with this argument, its just reee sexual assault without even thinking about it.

I've just reminded myself why I don't tend to get involved with controversial topics, its exhausting.

As I said, no hope.

It genuinely concerns me there are people like you walking around freely in society.

Back
Top Bottom