FIFA World Cup 2018 - 3rd/4th Place Play-off [14 July] **spoilers**

Soldato
ok, get ready to laugh at this but

if, (IF) we win it will be the second highest ever result for England at a world cup

at least it gives the idiots another chance to throw their beer into the crowds

Soldato
ok, get ready to laugh at this but

if, (IF) we win it will be the second highest ever result for England at a world cup

at least it gives the idiots another chance to throw their beer into the crowds

I bet they really turn it on against Belgium and win comfortably. Then everyone wonders why they couldn't have done that last night.

Soldato
Surely players will be rested here...such a pointless game.

It's not pointless in that slightest. To be one of only a handful of England players to get their hands on a WC medal (yes I realise it's bronze) for the first time in over 50 years should be motivation enough. Plus we get the chance of revenge for the group game defeat, plus there's bragging rights on a club level as so many of the Belgians play in England.

No one wants to be part of this game going into the semis, but you should always want to win your last game at any tournament. It's a game that is taken too lightly, but seeing as so few professional footballers get close to any kind of WC medal throughout their careers, the players should be gunning to take home some form of permanent recognition for their over(achievement).

Caporegime
I bet they really turn it on against Belgium and win comfortably. Then everyone wonders why they couldn't have done that last night.
That all depends on what team Belgium put out. If it’s their B team then England could do them over but if it’s their A team then I can see England getting thoroughly thumped.

But on the whole it’s a pointless game really, I mean does anyone really give a flying toss??

Soldato
I could be off the mark, but I think it means more to Southgate's team than Belgium. Not sure a second "meaningless" loss against the same team in this tournament would do our youngsters many favours going forward. Especially given that how the traditional top European teams did in Russia, we have a good chance (depending upon the draw of course) to go far in Euro 2020.

Soldato
I think of Saturdays game not as the end of the world cup, but as the start of our 2020 campaign. The more game time the England team gets the better they'll become.

Caporegime
I expect to see a lot of changes in the line up in this, from both teams. It's a nothing game.

I take the point that it's a potential medal, but who really wants a bronze medal? Doubt any of the players are thinking about that right now, I would imagine they'll just be thinking about coming back to Blighty.

Kane will very probably be up for playing though, to try and solidify the golden boot.

Caporegime
I expect to see a lot of changes in the line up in this, from both teams. It's a nothing game.

I take the point that it's a potential medal, but who really wants a bronze medal? Doubt any of the players are thinking about that right now, I would imagine they'll just be thinking about coming back to Blighty.

Kane will very probably be up for playing though, to try and solidify the golden boot.

That would be the mentality of the golden generation. I would hope this young squad will give it their all and go out on a high.

Soldato
That would be the mentality of the golden generation. I would hope this young squad will give it their all and go out on a high.
That's the attitude I want to see from the team. Going out to a thumping could be the end for this group of players together as a team. A win could set us up nicely going forward.

Back
Top Bottom