FIFA World Cup 2018 - GROUP B [Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran - 15/20/25 June] **spoilers**

fez

fez

Caporegime
Much better teams in the world cup. Greece won the Euros.

Have to say, VAR is a complete load of ****. I don't think the refereeing has been good at all and they have missed as many if not more issues and punished some that were super soft.

Really don't like the way this is taking football in general. **** refs are **** refs. VAR doesn't change that and you end up with teams complaining that one team benefits from it and theirs doesn't.

Man of Honour
"Are you a fan of VAR Martin Keown?"
"Were you guilty of that in your day Martin Keown?"
"Martin Keown, Portugal have won..."
"What do you think, Martin Keown, of Portugal today?"
"Martin Keown, do you need me to keep reminding me of your full name?"

Just say Martin ffs!!!!

Caporegime
Much better teams in the world cup. Greece won the Euros.

Have to say, VAR is a complete load of ****. I don't think the refereeing has been good at all and they have missed as many if not more issues and punished some that were super soft.

Really don't like the way this is taking football in general. **** refs are **** refs. VAR doesn't change that and you end up with teams complaining that one team benefits from it and theirs doesn't.

The problem with VAR is you either do it all the time or not bother. Many decisions are completely ignored which should have been blatent penalties. VAR should also be used to get divers which hasn't been used at all.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its just retarded. You always had the excuse that the ref didn't see it before or it was so marginal that it could have gone either way. Now you have random decisions being "corrected" whilst others are ignored. I genuinely have no idea what their criteria is for a referral because it certainly ain't common sense.

I reckon that unless the WC final is a complete smashing of one team the main talking point afterwards will be how VAR made mistakes and decision X,Y and Z should have been looked at.

Back
Top Bottom