1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filter type in Lightroom (Really basic question...)

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by MouthBoy, 5 Sep 2021.

1. MouthBoy

Mobster

Hi All,

I have just started to use lightroom again and I have been importing both the JPEG and RAW of my photos, but to be honest the JPEG is just a backup to the RAW so it the RAW is fine I do not want to import the JPEGs. Now when importing I know how to do this and just select the RAWs, but the imported ones I cannot for the life of me find out how to filter.

On my 'Type' drop down I literally have 'Photo' and 'RAW', but no 'JPG' option. Google Fu shows me that others have more to select in their drop downs, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2. ik9000

Mobster

is the import setting "not to import duplicates" selected? If so lightroom will autoskip the jpegs as it can tell the two images are of the same thing and just import the raw for editing. I don't want lightroom to import jpegs anyway. If you're using classic (as opposed to the cc web hosted) there's no point importing the jpegs.

3. MouthBoy

Mobster

Ahhh... I just noticed that I have "Lightroom" installed and not "Lightroom Classic" - right, I need to put that right!

Thanks