Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Now on Steam & Epic Games

Soldato
What a load of nonsense. If Epic were confident in their store they wouldn't be snapping up exclusivity and let games go anywhere they want. But it turns out the only way they can get people to log in is by giving free games away and getting exclusives.

And you'll end up laughing the other side of your face by the end of the decade when the Epic Games Store shuts up shop and you've lost all your purchases.

Why should STEAM just get everything uncontested?

Who cares if they shut up shop?

I'll stll be laughing as i've loads of games i've paid for free and I haven't lost a single penny.

Soldato
Epic have bought exclusives out from under the feet of customer with steam preorders and left them out to dry. There's a big difference between what epic are doing and devs choosing to release on steam only. People who vote with their wallets and chose not to use Epic launcher are babies?

Hardly. Grow up.

Associate
Epic have bought exclusives out from under the feet of customer with steam preorders and left them out to dry. There's a big difference between what epic are doing and devs choosing to release on steam only. People who vote with their wallets and chose not to use Epic launcher are babies?

Hardly. Grow up.

As long as those customers got a refund I don't see what the issue is. They've lost nothing.

Competition is good, I honestly couldn't care if I have to use another launcher to play a game, I have as much chance of losing all my games on Steam as I do on other platforms.

Soldato
OP
Bought it for £15 on PS5 already, not played it yet though lol - just think it's crazy that a remake of a small portion of a game can cost £70.

Because it isn't a remaster and depending which side of the fence you sit on after playing it you'll either think it's full of filler or pretty great.

Associate
This is what boggles my mind, £70 just for Midgar, crazy.

While it is just the Midgar section of the game its expands on the original 10 fold imo and goes a lot further with the other characters back story etc , it also leaves me a bit worried with the extent they have gone to with just this small section of the game and what it means for future releases as if they plan to do this with the whole game will be absolutely years before they finally get to the end of remaking the whole thing :( Content wise i would say there is enough to keep you busy as my 1st playthrough on normal was 60 hours including the dlc section then another 70 hours redoing it on hard mode which is a challenge due to not being able to use items or restore mp easily :o If i hadn't played it before i would be snapping it up on PC.

Soldato
Played though about half of the game on the PS4 at a guess. Didn't think much of the combat but would like to finish it at some point though I would prefer on PC. Not at 70 pounds though :p

Soldato

Hardly. Grow up.

If you're dumb enough to pre-order then you deserve all you get. The devs are at fault here not Epic.

Get you're tongue off Steams boot leather.

You can choose where you like to buy your games from, that's the point - choice, not a Steam monopoly.

Soldato
If you're dumb enough to pre-order then you deserve all you get. The devs are at fault here not Epic.

Get you're tongue off Steams boot leather.
I don't see the logic in going after the consumers who just wanted to support the development of a game. Do you think Epic can do no wrong ? Nevermind, rhetorical question.

The only person declaring their love for a distribution service was you, so it's a little odd to be pointing the finger at me and telling ME to stop licking boots of steam. I don't care about steam. If FF7 was made available on gog, uplay, origin, xbox etc I'd still consider it. Its not about steam lol.

You can choose where you like to buy your games from, that's the point - choice, not a Steam monopoly.
Nothing to do with steam and everything to do with epic. Eurgh, look, fragmentation is not a choice, you're being lied to. Same thing is happening right now with VOD; content being taken from netflix for disney/paramount/others to host on their own services because they want a bigger piece of the pie and all that results in is more expense for us. There's no more choice than there was before, that's an illusion. You still consume, or you don't. REAL choice is a game being available on multiple platforms so you can CHOOSE to buy it on whatever you like. Competition is choice. Competition is good.

Every single Epic Games exclusive thread ends up derailed with this petty arguing.

Nobody cares, you won't change somebody else's opinion, give it a rest and move on.

I Wasn't trying to. The name calling came from over the other side of the fence so clearly people do care for some reason. I'm not at all fussed what other people do, but some do get awfully when told others won't support Epic's business model, however. Funny that :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Personally no issue with the price, its there or thereabouts the price of what is was on the PS.

(Actually slightly cheaper for me. My PS account is tied to my UK residence so I paid for it in GBP, where over here the epic store is pricing it at Rs5000 (around 50 GBP))

I have God of War already for my PS, but the moment I heard that it was landing on steam with DLSS and ultrawide......instantly pre purchased.

However with this, we dont seem to know much at the moment.

I have no issue with the epic store, let them do what they do, let valve do what they do with steam.

Epic do enough giveaways and also give out a lot of discount vouchers, and as someone else mentioned, I cant remember the last time Steam, Uplay or Origin gave me anything.

Soldato
Because it isn't a remaster and depending which side of the fence you sit on after playing it you'll either think it's full of filler or pretty great.

Never said it was a remaster?

While it is just the Midgar section of the game its expands on the original 10 fold imo and goes a lot further with the other characters back story etc , it also leaves me a bit worried with the extent they have gone to with just this small section of the game and what it means for future releases as if they plan to do this with the whole game will be absolutely years before they finally get to the end of remaking the whole thing :( Content wise i would say there is enough to keep you busy as my 1st playthrough on normal was 60 hours including the dlc section then another 70 hours redoing it on hard mode which is a challenge due to not being able to use items or restore mp easily :o If i hadn't played it before i would be snapping it up on PC.

I know, but it still rankles that despite it offering some additional content (and changing the story to make no sense to me with the Zach element) I just want the entire game before playing it. FF7 wasn't my favourite to begin with, preferred my play throughs on the SNES ones, but still. I don't mind paying £15 for it, but definitely not £70 but then again I wouldn't pay £70 for a single game anyway regardless. I will likely give in and play it at some point before the full lot is released, and then moan about it anyway, at least the Yuffie DLC will be interesting as she was a random character in the original, I just hope they don't shoehorn story in for her where it's not needed. I'm admittedly a bit of a purist when it comes to remakes though, so I'll never be happy.

Back
Top Bottom