Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Now on Steam & Epic Games

Soldato
OP
Considering it's a trilogy, I think £30 would have been just about right, but, let's be honest, they were never going to sell it for just that.

I bought the Deluxe edition for the PS4 then Intermission for the PS5 so there was no chance of me buying the Epic Games version. I have all my FF games on Steam and the modding community among a few other reasons is why I'll wait for a steam copy. I've bought 2-3 things from Epic before but I really don't want 1 of my copies on another platform for this series.

I don't mind it being in parts myself since we get so much more game if we compare it to the original, but it's already been discussed here how people don't like not having the entire story in 1 release.

Soldato
I don't want to pay £70 for this, but FFVII is my favourite game, I feel I won't be able to resist come the 16th.

I feel the same, i'd put FF7 in my top three games ever. But I just won't pay that, nor will I create an Epic account. Another game that is in my top three games ever is Doom (2016), and I dropped £50 on Eternal on launch day assuming that it'd be more of the same. But I hate the new gameplay tweaks in Eternal and i've spent a total of five hours on it since, trying to force myself to like it but just ending up resenting it more.

That was an expensive lesson, but it taught me that just being FF7 isn't enough to make Intergarde abandon my principles.

Soldato
OP
I feel the same, i'd put FF7 in my top three games ever. But I just won't pay that, nor will I create an Epic account. Another game that is in my top three games ever is Doom (2016), and I dropped £50 on Eternal on launch day assuming that it'd be more of the same. But I hate the new gameplay tweaks in Eternal and i've spent a total of five hours on it since, trying to force myself to like it but just ending up resenting it more.

That was an expensive lesson, but it taught me that just being FF7 isn't enough to make Intergarde abandon my principles.

TBF if you haven't seen or played Remake £60 isn't a bad price. You get the base game plus the DLC that was £15 separately. It also includes all the other odd bits of DLC from the console that was exclusive to the Deluxe edition and some other promos.

Soldato
I recently completed this game on PS4 (normal edition), for me it's one of those games you play once and never touch again.
Id agree. Good beginning and end but the middle was a slog. I didn't touch the DLC even though its supposed to be better.

I played it on PS5 and graphically it does impress, but seems like the PC version is hella borked according to Alex:

EG1uAc0.jpeg

Associate
69 quid...what a downer. I just couldnt pay that for any game.

Pre-ordered the original playstation game, it was one of those games of the generation that defined the genre and era.
Hopefully they fix the issues and eventually its priced fairly.

Soldato
Uh, I guess they haven't seen the Battlefield game, or Cyberpunk or ... you get what I'm going.

The lack of settings and ultrawide are pretty awful by todays standards but I wouldn't say it's one of the worst. Certainly isn't great either.

Its Alexander Battaglia so he's seen and covered it all. The issues of settings/ultrawide are the least offenders when it seemingly cant hold a stable 60fps at 1080p

Soldato
OP
Its Alexander Battaglia so he's seen and covered it all. The issues of settings/ultrawide are the least offenders when it seemingly cant hold a stable 60fps at 1080p

Yeah I've checked out a few people streaming and they have mentioned the fps dropping under certain conditions. I don't think that and the lack of settings put it anywhere near as bad as some of the games I mentioned. It goes without saying because I know people won't read the thread but I'm not saying this is OK, it needs fixed.

Hopefully when the steam release comes around the beta testers will have fixed it.;):p

Back
Top Bottom