Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
It was released on the 10th and I got it on the 13th, hardly a massive amount of time. Even if you could get in 2 hours a day thats 40 hours since release day, according to HLTB a leisurely playthrough of the story + extras takes around 55 hours, but 40 hours is a number I've heard thrown about a lot.

Who are you to judge how much game time people can get in? Some people have full time jobs and families to look after and why would I be browsong Reddit or YouTube looking for FF7 content?

The thread is 58 pages, there are bound to be at least light spoilers as you can only talk about the game so much without discussing some elements of the plot. I've tagged anything I think would be considered a plot spoiler but I also know I won't be going anywhere near the TLOU2 thread until I've finished every bit of story content.

Soldato
Platinumed it today. Took 82 hours all together. The penultimate boss took a few attempts (mostly to figure out what materia to give each character because they keep chopping and changing). It was an awesome experience. Kind of a shame I'll probably never play it again (except for maybe a quick run through just before the sequel is released).

Associate
I've kind of burned out on this game. Now forcing myself to finish it ( on chapter 17 ) - I enjoyed most of the first half of the game, but as others have already commented there is just too much filler content, and for me, this causes the game to lose momentum & focus in the middle part. I'm still not entirely sold on the combat system ; whilst I've become more accustomed to it there remains a "clunkiness" that at times can be frustrating. I would rate this game a solid 7/10 as it stands.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've started it on hard now even though it seems a lot less fun and just tacked on tbh. I mean, it removes the ability to use items and still gives you the same potions in all the chests!

Soldato
Platinumed it today. Took 82 hours all together. The penultimate boss took a few attempts (mostly to figure out what materia to give each character because they keep chopping and changing). It was an awesome experience. Kind of a shame I'll probably never play it again (except for maybe a quick run through just before the sequel is released).

Pretty much exactly the same for me once I platinumed the game and finished the non trophy bits

Got past the Hell House boss, which battle seems to take a long time. Longest so far.

You need to pay attention to Hell House's weakness' which change throughout the fight, once god mode ends for a few seconds you use the magical damage its weak against and it'll deal huge damage and build stagger. By not doing that the fight can last waaaay longer

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I liked the Hell House's when they was just a normal enemy in the original lol
Haha. Same. Was funny as I have the normal game installed and in the area where they keep popping up. They are much easier to kill.

Got to say I still much prefer the originals fighting system. Imagine how cool summoning graphics would look if they kept it like that. Although they looked cool in the remake, I did not find it half as much fun.

Soldato
Got the the final boss last night and got my ass kicked a couple of times so I'll retry tonight.

Amazing game. There are a few dull bits that kill the flow a bit but the original was probably worse for it and it was still a masterpiece.

The music is phenomenal and the set pieces towards the end of the game are just epic.

It turned out better than I would have ever expected. Didn't tarnish my memories of the original at all.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I’ve just killed the hell house but I’ve kinda lost all interest and enthusiasm in the game.
Yeah, that was not a high point in the game for me, but it did get better.

For me the game started of on a high, then went downhill quite a bit but made up for it around chapter 12 and onward as I recall.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been playing the original on steam and nearly done with disc 1. Got to say I am enjoying it quite a bit more than the remake. The only thing that the remake has over the original is graphics and sound.

I wish one day in the future we can get a remake that does a near identical version of the game where they just update graphics, sound and UI and leave the rest of it alone. Just imagine how good the battles would look when summoning. I actually always have and always will like pre-rendered backgrounds. My vision is games using this method together with ray tracing in the future. Would make for awesome visuals imo.

Soldato
You can already get the graphics pretty decent considering how old the game is, just YouTube Final fantasy 7 max graphics settings then check some of the videos. I would post but all seem to have swearies =p

Back
Top Bottom