Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Associate
Anyone else looking forward to this? I have played through the torment of 1.0 since beta and while I'm glad its buried and ARR is going to be here soon I enjoyed many aspects of the game and SE have done an amazing job to rebuild this MMO from the ground up, new regional servers, new engine, world completely rebuilt, 40+ zones upon release, cross server dungeon finder, many western mmo elements incorporated to bring this MMO up-to-date etc, new producer who played DAoC and is really great with the community.

End of an Era Trailer (brought a tear to my eye.) ;(

Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live IV (enable captions)

Alpha footage!

Limit Break Trailer

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes it is coming out on PC/PS3 at the same time, it will be around May 2013 at a guess.

Alpha is live right now, they are on phase 2 atm iirc which is JP region only then they are adding everyone else in the last 2 which should be in a couple of weeks.

Beta is February.

Associate
Will this be like FFXI? I'm a big fan of MMO's, and Final Fantasy, so had high hopes for FFXI when I played it about 3/4 years ago. But it was just... so boring. There seemed to be no direction and the combat was a snoozefest, something like use the same attack 20 times to be able to use a different attack once? Can't remember exactly, but it was something like that.

I had a lot of friends rave about it, but I just couldn't get into it...

edit: I played FFXI on 360 at the time, whether that made a difference. If I did pick this up it'd be for PC.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
XI is a superb MMO but it threw you in the deep end.

I truly think A Realm Reborn is going to be epic, I've watched this take shape over 2 years. The new producer is very pationate to restore the community's faith so I would definitely keep an eye on this.

Soldato
what annoys me about XI is how you you cant just pick it up and play after time away like say with WoW. I was a big fan of XI so really hope this is good this time round.

Soldato
Yes it is coming out on PC/PS3 at the same time, it will be around May 2013 at a guess.

Alpha is live right now, they are on phase 2 atm iirc which is JP region only then they are adding everyone else in the last 2 which should be in a couple of weeks.

Beta is February.

Ok cool thanks for the info :)

Associate
Got mine too! But where do you put the code? im confused :confused:

Follow the link on the email mate, choose the first option regarding accounts. Sign in or sign up for an account and you'll then get to add the key then.

After sign up to the forum, as the link to the client is in there. :)

Back
Top Bottom