Finally a decent 4K, Freesync and HDR Monitor for Xbox One X.

Soldato
Wow what a difference, upgraded to the BenQ EW3270U, for PC and XBox One X. Games look stunning and no lag or stutter. What a difference free-sync makes.

Great value for the price, highly recommend this screen for XBox One X and PC gamers !!

Soldato
OP
Size matters though only 32" ;) just stroking my 49" super duper HDR HDTV :)

TV... Lol na yuk.

I have a 40" Bravia 4K HDR which is great for TV in bed, and a Samsung 55" 4K HDR TV in the lounge for movies. I mean there ok for gaming, but nothing special.

For proper gaming though, has to be a monitor. With freesync the difference on Xbox One X especially is huge, HDR10 and 4K, VA Panel. Honestly worth trying, such a bargain price too.

Caporegime
Sounds ok in most departments but looks like it’s not going to give an amazing HDR experience due to the backlight.

A 300cd/m2 backlight illuminates the massive screen, indicating that this model isn’t capable of true HDR. However, its 10-bit color interface should allow extensive color coverages with acceptable or even excellen

https://www.monitornerds.com/benq-ew3270u-review/

Soldato
Strokes my £1099 LG E7 55" 4k true HDR OLED TV :cool: :D :p

Couldn't go back to a LCD monitor/display now.
+ 1 as I once again stroke my 49" LG Super Nano SJ800 mega HDTV with 6 fantastic (count em!) HDR modes inc the all important Dolby Vision :p
Glad I got mine when I did the 2018 base models start around £1.5K :eek:

Caporegime
+ 1 as I once again stroke my 49" LG Super Nano SJ800 mega HDTV with 6 fantastic (count em!) HDR modes inc the all important Dolby Vision :p

Not to rain on your parade....but sadly that TV isn’t all that.

I was 99% sure I was going to buy it and then saw all the minus points.

But I’m glad you’re happy with it.

Soldato
OP
Strokes my £1099 LG E7 55" 4k true HDR OLED TV :cool: :D :p

Couldn't go back to a LCD monitor/display now.

OLED for gaming, you're doing it wrong xD Great for movies and pictures though, although don't look at pictures too long on OLED. Image retention is a pita.

Great for movies and TV although small tbh, but is not a gaming screen. I got 2 4k HDR TV's but wouldn't game on them, yuk.

Freesync, 4K and HDR on a monitor is where's it at for XBOX One X and PC. I guess if you're using a PS4 Pro any TV would do as it doesn't support freesync anyway.

Caporegime
OLED for gaming, you're doing it wrong xD Great for movies and pictures though, although don't look at pictures too long on OLED. Image retention is a pita.

Only way to do anything now! :D By far my best purchase I have made for gaming ever, the sheer quality of oled is outstanding and I love having the versatility of 21.9 custom res., 120hz mode, 4k and then true HDR on top of it all on a 55" screen.

Image retention is only a problem if you are someone who exceeds the recommended brightness setting i.e. maxing it more or less out along with watching the likes of sky news for 6 hours a day.

I have my pc set to the recommended luminance setting of 120, although with hdr it goes much higher bit still, I've had mine since November now and played hundreds of hours in games etc., no sign of image retention at all, not even temporary image retention.

Soldato
Not to rain on your parade....but sadly that TV isn’t all that.

I was 99% sure I was going to buy it and then saw all the minus points.

But I’m glad you’re happy with it.
It has no minus points its flawless not sure where you got that from :rolleyes: It even does 120 Hz @ 1080P. Shame the price for 2018 model has skyrocketed only the wealthy will be able to afford now as they come in around £1.5K for a 55" basic model :eek:

Caporegime
It has no minus points its flawless not sure where you got that from :rolleyes: It even does 120 Hz @ 1080P. Shame the price for 2018 model has skyrocketed only the wealthy will be able to afford now as they come in around £1.5K for a 55" basic model :eek:

Well it’s not a proper 4K resolution TV for starters and then there is rather lacklustre HDR output and it’s not a full 10 bit panel. But as I say, you’re happy and that’s all that matters.

I was 99% sold on the TV as I said but then I did my research and I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it’s not a proper 4K resolution TV for starters and then there is rather lacklustre HDR output and it’s not a full 10 bit panel. But as I say, you’re happy and that’s all that matters.

I was 99% sold on the TV as I said but then I did my research and I couldn’t bring myself to buy it.
Your 99% wrong clearly you followed the internet buzz but reality on your own desktop is something else ;) https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...0-as-a-monitor.18756127/page-22#post-31444614

Most panels are 8+2 bit you cannot even see the difference between 8+2 or 10 bit visually. As for not 4K its the full 3840x2160 or even 4096x2160. The reason LG and many other panel makers use 8+2 is its almost impossible in motion to see the difference in grading & the cost savings make these panels affordable to more people as they can also use less local dimming zones. The price difference is about £1K vs its virtually impossible to see any difference in a blind test I doubt you could see any difference whatsoever :)

Caporegime
Go and read about RGBW and then come back when you realise the SJ800 is not a full 4K resolution TV.

I don’t disagree it looks like a good picture, it’s just a shame the TV is a bit of a sham.

Soldato
Go and read about RGBW and then come back when you realise the SJ800 is not a full 4K resolution TV.

I don’t disagree it looks like a good picture, it’s just a shame the TV is a bit of a sham.
I give up you just do not understand that RGBW is used by all the panel makers to save over £1K on the price its not even noticeable in real world use unless you have a microscope or xray vision in a blind side by side test its a virtually identical image!

Soldato
I give up you just do not understand that RGBW is used by all the panel makers to save over £1K on the price its not even noticeable in real world use unless you have a microscope or xray vision in a blind side by side test its a virtually identical image!
It does have a noticeable impact in the contrast though

Caporegime

No, I do understand 100%.

Not sure how xray vision would help? See the wall behind the TV? Or the neighbours OLED?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seriously people? The guys just bought a new toy, he's very happy with it and all most people want to do is bitch, moan and be negative. He wanted to share his excitement no doubt with the forum and friends.

Congrats on your new screen @Boomstick777 enjoy it.

Well obviously, but it's a discussion forum to discuss the merits of such things and what not.

Back
Top Bottom