• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Finally Done It....RTX3090 Coming My Way

Associate
Just saw the price of the Inno 3090, £1100 more than I paid for my 3080FE. Gulp.

Dont even want to know the thought process of someone who decides to go for a 3090 ROG Strix, OC will probably ask close to 2K for it.

Soldato
I can afford a 3090, even had the FE in my basket, but removed it. I just can't justify that expense on a graphics card which isn't that much faster than a 3080 but costs twice as much.

Associate
I can afford a 3090, even had the FE in my basket, but removed it. I just can't justify that expense on a graphics card which isn't that much faster than a 3080 but costs twice as much.
Yep I went through the same process but the speculation that the 3080 was released with a low amount of memory (whether that's a valid argument or not is debatable, it will be interesting to see what the new 3080 variants will be released with) and the cost and scarcity of G6X swayed it for me.

Soldato

Very much the same. I’ve been tempted quite a few times but it’s just too much. For little performance improvement over the 3080 which is only £649. Especially if you upgrade often and factor in how much it will be worth next year. Probably the same as a 4070 (£3-400). Perhaps, even a 4060 :eek:.

Soldato
Its a nice feeling to get off the roundabout. If you can afford a 3090 FE or otherwise then its upto you.

When you think about people are still waiting for a card they ordered in September and I've actually had in my possession a 3060fe, a Palit 3070 and now a 3080FE its just a crazy crazy world.

Soldato
Its a nice feeling to get off the roundabout. If you can afford a 3090 FE or otherwise then its upto you.

When you think about people are still waiting for a card they ordered in September and I've actually had in my possession a 3060fe, a Palit 3070 and now a 3080FE its just a crazy crazy world.

It's amazing how many people will happily accept their pocket being picked for months on end while others buy and game on the very GPU's they've already paid for...and they just sit there oblivious to what's going on refreshing their email to see whether they've moved any further up the queue...

:D

Associate
You can buy a 3090FE right now, for delivery tomorrow. I don't know why anyone is looking at AIB cards?

I bought an AIB card because it was immediately available on a site and didn't have to F5 Nvidia's site and it was 10% over MSRP which is reasonable for an AIB card. I still think AIB cards offer better cooling, lower temps and acoustics but just my opinion. No difference in overclocking as there's not much headroom left and you soon hit the power limit. I'm not interested in overclocking so not bothered anyway. Coming from a 5700XT it's a great upgrade for me as I can now game at 1440p Ultra settings. It also plays nicely with my 144hz freesync monitor using G-sync comparability which was my only concern.

Associate
Considering that the only 3080 available around are at 3090's price range, no reason to go for the 3080.
As said before, if you can afford, great card. Got mine, it's simply supreme. And despite a possible 3080 Super or TI eventually being released, the 3090 won't become automatically a bad card. Just wondering how hard will be to get hold of one of them. AMD, never seen any in stock.
The performance over the 3080 isn't that much, true, but the price around isn't that much different. And when using all whistles and bells on ultra, then the 10GB from the 3080 would be on the back of my mind as regret.

Associate
We furmarked a ASUS 3090 Strix with a 9900KF the other day for stability purposes.
800 watts sustained power draw at the wall socket and a back plate hot enough to fry a egg.

No thank you.

Who uses furmark anymore to do anything? Sounds like you guys dont know wtf you are doing.

My underclocked 3090FE hits 52C 1985Mhz constant boost, pulling 250W-275W at gaming.
With 5600x - 32G of ram and 8fans I am 400W at the wall.

Soldato
I bought an AIB card because it was immediately available on a site and didn't have to F5 Nvidia's site and it was 10% over MSRP which is reasonable for an AIB card. I still think AIB cards offer better cooling, lower temps and acoustics but just my opinion. No difference in overclocking as there's not much headroom left and you soon hit the power limit. I'm not interested in overclocking so not bothered anyway. Coming from a 5700XT it's a great upgrade for me as I can now game at 1440p Ultra settings. It also plays nicely with my 144hz freesync monitor using G-sync comparability which was my only concern.

You could have just clicked on the buy button and had 3090 FE, no refreshing required, for 1399. If you think 1799 is good value, though, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom