Finally, I get my day in court!

Soldato
I hope you get a good result.

The best way to make them feel uncomfortable is to humanise the experience. Maybe a small percentage of their brain might have some empathy and that will make them feel bad.

Soldato
Surely they are only scum once guilty ;) good luck and fingers crossed

Oh, I am pretty sure that they will have been Scum long before they had any involvement with Vidar.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they turn out to have double figure level prior convictions for various offenses!

Associate
...I'm not quite sure what the point of the thread is :confused:
My irony detector just went off the scale coming from a master of pointless threads.

@Vidar Good luck, hopefully the court hands out the decision and sentence that brings some level of justice. I read the book The Secret Barrister a few months back, and it was eye opening. I wouldnt suggest reading it now, but I did have your situation in mind when reading some of it. British justice system is a flawed and imperfect thing, but sometimes it gets the right result in the end.

Caporegime
I hope you get a good result.

The best way to make them feel uncomfortable is to humanise the experience. Maybe a small percentage of their brain might have some empathy and that will make them feel bad.

have you watched the aaron henandez documentary on netflix?

in the second case the guy who was murdered his mum was to take the stand. the judge told her. if you get emotional and try and pull on the heartstrings of the jury we will through the case out or something along those lines. the poor woman you could see was like a robot and it didn't feel natural.

i'm unsure if similar applies here though.

Associate
Hope you can see justice.
Nothing to celebrate, I guess, as no one should suffer such actions, and all you went through, because some scumbags quote often act relying on light, it any, punishment, as quite often some losers like those, comes with excuses in court, like trying to fight an addiction to drugs, relationship breakups, etc.
Feels like a he only people who may face jail are the ones without previous convictions.
Fingers crossed here.

Soldato
However, other than expressions of sympathy from strangers I'm not quite sure what the point of the thread is :confused:

You utter hypocrite, considering your level of posting over the years. Try reading and understanding the OP before typing insensitive rubbish next time.

I've been around this place a while, and Vidar's original thread is in the Top 3 of all time for me.

Soldato
OP
So today was a bit of a bust really, they got started early, the scum decided they still wanted a trial much to the prosecution barristers confusion given how clear cut the CCTV was, apparently its just a matter of what level of involvement those two had and that it could now run on until Friday. Suffice to say they ran out of time and I have to go back in tomorrow only this time I'll have to go in alone, I haven't been anywhere alone in 18 months and I'm quite frankly terrified. I can't give any more details than that as I don't know anything.

What really wound me up today though was that absolute ******* disgrace former colleague of mine being there in the Witness suite, not by his own choice he'd been summoned and wasn't happy about being there. Yet despite sharing a room with me for most of the day he didn't so much as look at me or bother talking to me. Just stared at the floor, couldn't help but just shake my head in utter disbelief. Guilty conscience much? You're likely still here because I stepped in to protect you, you've not missed a nights work or had anything to deal with since it happened. Yet not only do you not bother yourself to visit me in hospital but you can't even look at me or speak to me when we're in a room together. You absolute helmet! It just makes me so angry! I'm not expecting him to kiss the ground I walk on or anything just some blasted acknowledgement.

I just want to say this post was mostly just about me having a vent about things last night, but I really do appreciate all the kind words and wishes.

Anyway I'll update you guys some more once I'm home tomorrow as I really need to get some food and sleep.

Soldato
Can't believe some one made
Negative comments
Even if he had just wanted sympathy
From strangers
So what
The psychological damage caused by
This could be way worse
Than the not inconsiderable physical
Damage
If it helps even the tiniest bit that a stranger gave you some
Sympathy mate, even if you weren't asking for it