Finally took the plunge...

Associate
...and got a Mac Pro! After a few weeks of reading benchmarks and opinions of the new Nehalem MPs I decided I couldn't justify getting one of those, so I set about trying to hunt down an early 08 model. Then out of the blue I check the Apple Store and see a 3.2 Octo in the refurb store! I'm so glad I snapped it up because the next day they were all gone!

Well it arrived this morning and I've been loving it. What's even more surprising is that my one came with a bonus... it came with 8GB ram and Airport! I'm so chuffed... the online listing only said it had 2GB so I must be lucky :D

I'm looking to upgrade my hard drives next, seeing as the WD 500GB it came with is pretty clicky. I'm thinking of a few WD Greens, anyone had any experience with them in a MP? Either that or the Samsung F1s. I want something quiet but doesn't compromise on performance.

Associate
Well that sounds like a great deal! And free RAM. As soon as I saw the updates to the new MPs I knew the older ones were better.

Hope you enjoy it lots!! :):)

Soldato
I have been talking about taking the plunge for a long long time but still I hold off! I'd be tempted for the base spec but i could have had the old model for same price. Haven't checked out the benchmarks but I am guessing that the new ones are vastly quicker.

Back
Top Bottom