Finding something you have spent years searching for.

Soldato
My younger brother and i didn't have much growing up, but one Xmas we got a kids record which we thought was awesome. It had nursery rhymes, but also some really funny songs too. We would play it over and over and over............

Neither of could remember anything else about it! Then came the internet and we still couldn't recall enough about it to locate.

25 years later, i was adamant i wanted to find it and play it to my new born, i don't know if it was a flash of inspiration or more focus from me, but i found a forum that was dicussing the same record and it was found!! I played this to both my kids and they still love Right said Fred, (no not the 2 baldy geezers who are too sexy) Terry Scotts My Brother, Ernie, Grandad and they always fell asleep to Morning Town Ride.

(i won't tarnish my memories with the singer of one of the songs!)

4NxBs1U.jpg

DWl4GQn.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I lost my wedding ring..... couldn't find it (and boy did I try, the wife was not happy...).

6 months later I went out into the garden for the first grass cut of the spring and there it was sitting on the garden table at the end of the garden.

Must have taken it off last time I was sitting there with a glass of wine in the autumn, and there it sat all winter.

Happy wife, sort of.

Associate

Amazing, my brother and I were talking about this same record the other day. I think we had it on tape as well, used to play it all the time in long car rides while in holiday!

I can still remember most of the songs word for word! My mum reckons she still has it in the loft somewhere. Im going to dig it out and play it for my son too!

/Salsa

Back
Top Bottom