1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finsbury Park Van Attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrenchTart, 19 Jun 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrenchTart

Man of Honour

It's a place for you to discuss your concerns with the mod team. This thread isn't for discussion of moderation decisions. There's not an open discussion of moderation forum currently. Again, if you have an issue with this, post in FCD.

2. dowie

Capo Crimine

you could say the same about Islam in general re: Islamist attacks. Like I said there is a wider argument that the DM isn't helpful here and you could make a similar one re: Islam too... you can also blame this attack on problems within 'islamophobia' and perhaps say that moderate 'islamophobes' (as you can't really say moderate 'white people' in this context when we're talking about an ideology) have a duty to report anyone who indicates they're going to commit a violent act

but the real influence in the case of Islamic attacks is Islamists(ISIS etc..) and the real influence (assuming this is a far right racist attack) is likely some equivalent online stuff

that isn't to say that the wider context should be ignored and that there isn't say a wider problem within Islam in the context of Islamic attacks or with right wing material/publications in the case of this one (again assuming it is a right wing guy not some mental zionist or some other explanation)

3. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

He had just had the crap beaten out of him.

4. benneh

Sgarrista

I'm talking about a right wing terrorist. What word would you rather I use?.

5. Chris Wilson

Soldato

Cressida Dyck (surname deliberately misspelt to pass the naughty word machine) giving another one of her appallingly vacuous and waffling speeches again, is this the best the Met could find to front their activities? Totally uninspiring woman, who should go for some lessons in public address...

6. Chris Wilson

Soldato

Really? Where have you got that information from? Is mob justice alive and well in Finsbury now?

7. Stelly

Don

Its a shame that most people dont see that violence breeds violence... its a shame in modern society we can't see past ethnicity, religion or nationality... it makes me worry for our future...

Stelly

8. benneh

Sgarrista

Err

[​IMG]

As you wish boss.

9. dirtybeatfreak

Mobster

I thought the people who detained the guy said they had hit him a few times. Think one even specifically said he punched him in the stomach. I have no source to back this up mind..

10. Gerard

Caporegime

He seemed to have been pinned down, didn't really look as though he had taken many, if any hits.

11. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

The imam apparently shielded him from attackers

12. McPhee

Soldato

The Guardian were reporting that he took a bit of a beating before the Imam stepped in and put an end to it.

13. FurryLemon

Wise Guy

You've never been to a Muslim country if you think they didn't give him a hiding before the Iman stepped in.

14. Neil79

Caporegime

Ethnicty is fine, nationality is fine... Culture and Religion is a pain in the ****

15. Roar87

Sgarrista

Fair play if they gave him a good kicking. I wouldn't have restrained myself in similar circumstances

16. balky12

Mobster

Just use the term terrorist. Doesn't matter where a terrorist falls on the political spectrum does it?

Maybe I'm just being grouchy because I'm right wing?

17. dirtychinchilla

Capodecina

They were restrained. They got a couple of hits in before the Imam stopped them.

18. Hades

Caporegime

To be fair if a mob had caught any of the recent Islamic extremists attackers I think they would have given them a beating too.

19. No1newts

Capodecina

Amen.

20. dirtychinchilla

Capodecina

Lucky we have a lot of moderate people who think with their brains in the country to make sure mob violence isn't a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.