Fire risks prompt tumble dryer recall - Now washing machines as well!

Soldato
Yep i'm also getting offered that model, another unheard of model with no online presence. Why cant they just offer a standard model that has reviews and easy to come by parts.

Shame the other model looks better aesthetically... :p

Looks to be exactly the same but just a different fascia. Shame, the old one matched my other appliances.

Last edited:

Pho

Pho

Soldato
I've just a call from them offering me the TDWSF83BEP for £99 or TVFM70BGP or £59. I don't use the tumble dryer too often to be fair - is it worth just taking the repair for free or paying for a "newer" model? My current one is a TVM570 vented and quite a few years old.

Can't decide whether it's a "too good to be true" offer or not from them.

edit: so it looks like my model is the same energy efficiecny as the new one. May as well just get the free repair then as I can't see a benefit. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Soldato
I just logged on again to check my repair time. It said March before. Now it says:

"Due to high demand it is currently estimated that we will be able to complete the modifications to your tumble dryer in January"

Umm, so is that January 2017!?!?

I note now the cheap replacement option has reduced down from appliances over 2 years old to over 1 year.

I'm still in two minds as I have separate issues with this machine which I am about to look at resolving by taking the retailer through small claims as they have refused a replacement under the SOGA despite two failed repairs to the sensor drying system, trying again to fob me off with a further repair visit. Part of me is saying go that way, but now the replacement option is there for the £99 TDWSF83BEZ, although this looks awful in comparison to the Aqualtis which we have now.

Principle is telling me go down the claim against Curry's.

Possible. My parents estimate was April - now November

Soldato
Had a call from whoever it was, Hotpoint, I dunno. I filled in the website form last year after reading this thread. Got an engineer popping round before one to sort out my dryer. Been using it and making sure the filter is clean after every load. No issues but never to careful. I never had it on if there was no one in the house or we were in bed.

Soldato
Registered my dryer months ago and still haven't heard anything - we have one agent locally that has 3,000 dryers to do (and counting), they haven't had my details as yet so goodness knows how long it will be!

Trouble is I can phone up Hotpoint, shout and scream at the agent but it isn’t going to get the dryer fixed any quicker.

Interestingly, after calling my insurance company (broker using NFU), if the dryer sets fire to house it is classed as a known mechanical fault and therefore may not cover any claim!

Soldato
Got my new condenser dryer and must admit, it doesn't look to bad.

It's a bit quieter than my old one and seems to dry a bit quicker too.

Does anyone know if the door is able to be fitted on the other side? I looked online but found nothing. Other makes and models can, so assume this is possible.

Associate
Ours had only just turned 1 year old when i registered for the fix so fired an email off to hotpoint who are replacing it free of charge for a better model the 9kg tsfs93bgp

Back
Top Bottom