1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First 3D printer - up to 2k ish

Discussion in 'Printers' started by 413x, Jul 14, 2017.

1. deuse

Capodecina

Yes I did try a V6 but it was a pain in the bum and costly. And if you remember I gave the £500 printer away in the end.
    I haven't got to upgrade or fix to use a new hotend\extruder. I have added more to my printer to make life easy.
    Bluetooth cost me $10 and £1 for the wire :)
    E3D do kits for proprietary Printers. You don't see proprietary printer makers making kits for any other printer.

2. bulb66

Wise Guy

Assuming you wanted to use an E3D your correct but what if you wanted to use a Prometheus hotend or another?

E3D make hotends and extruders, which they want you to put on your printer so of course they'll make a kit to help you do it.

A manufacture that makes printers doesn't want that so aren't going to help you add 3rd party hardware to their printers, that doesn't mean it's not possible.

My Printrbot isn't made for a E3D titan or V6 but someone who knows the base hardware of the printer is excellent made it possible and it fact Brook is very much in favour for the community to such things, he just wont make the hardware do it because he believes his hardware is right for the printers he makes.

Anyway, I'm done here unless the OP needs anymore questions answered.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. 413x

Capodecina

Thank you very much for your help.
    I think I'm going to go for the prusa.

Reviews seem good, or great. Price point is also good. Sample prints look good too.

Annoying lead time but I don't mind waiting.

Main attraction is open source but all in one kit and price: performance ratio.

Again, can't thank you guys enough!

4. bulb66

Wise Guy

Excellent choice, I hope you'll post in the 3D Printing threat once it arrives.

J.

5. 413x

Capodecina

Yes I will do. I don't know anyone with one so need some community helpful! Can't wait.

6. Phil2008

Soldato

What do you guys think of the Prusa i3 4 colour printer? It popped up on my facebook a few weeks ago... Im not sure if you can buy it as a whole printer or just a upgrade.

7. deuse

Capodecina

Never had a Prusa i3 so I couldn't say. But multi colour on a single nozzle has been out ages.

8. bulb66

Wise Guy

At the moment I don't believe you can buy it as a printer with multi extruder. Plus I think the wait time for the multi upgrade is Nov.

While it has been a thing for a while not many manufacturers have made much of it. My Prometheus system is two material into a single nozzle and they now have an E3D upgrade option.