First Build in 20 years

Associate
Hi All

Last time I built a PC it was the PIII.s iv read up on the major different things like new cooling methods and GPUs. Can you think of any other issues I will come across?

Im wanting to build it in one of the small Cube type PC cases as room is a premium where its going. Also Im looking for a Intel say I5 with at least 8Gb (possibly 16gb) and a 128 SSD as well as a 1Tb HD that will run around 6000-7000 on the benchmark scale (the I5 that is) And the associated bits if anyone can give specific suggestions then all the better. Thank you.

Like I said any help after this length of time on the build front will be of great help. So will suggestions of various components. I do have one thing to start with and thats a 2Gb GTX960 which I want to use as my GPU Also the best places to buy from as iv looked back where i used to go (im in the Chesterfield area. Which is either North Derbyshire or South Yorkshire (Sheffield)) and they have all gone or moved on. So suppliers suggestions also please?

Thanks again and best regards OS

Associate
Hi oshb5ems and welcome to the forum :)

I live about 15 minutes drive from Chesterfield and have to say I can't think of any good suppliers in that area. I get all my things off the internet now and I can recommend Overclockers.

Associate
OP
Hi All

Overclockers It is then LOL

As to the price for the build that is a question Iv not fully thought out yet. But as I have the GPU That should cut the cost somewhat.
Also the speed of the PC is obviously in line with price . (i.e. the faster the more expensive it is) That said Im looking for it to do a couple of things 1 and main is to Run Elite and second is to run lightroom for my Photo manipulation. My I5 Acer laptop does all the donkey work It does run Elite but at low fpm..

Im going to get a small form factor Cube case. (Like the AVP one)So suggestions for M/B that would fit the case. Then a Processor (something between a Intel Core i5-3570 or a Intel Core i5-7500) Also the Ram, Then a Power supply of course
So come on suggest some set ups please?

Thank you OS

Associate
Which case do you have in mind? I'm not sure which one you mean by the AVP one?

If space is at a premium I would suggest something slim like the Silverstone Raven cases or Fractal Design Node 202.

Soldato
Which case do you have in mind? I'm not sure which one you mean by the AVP one?

If space is at a premium I would suggest something slim like the Silverstone Raven cases or Fractal Design Node 202.

I think he means the AVP Hyperion. basically unbranded cube case.. although it actually doesn't look to bad and the layout is quite good. nothing that cheap on ocuk, most similar product is antec isk600m. If you havnt bought anything except GPU you could go for mini itx system. might be worth looking yourself on the ocuk website look at cube or itx cases that fit your space, post back here and people will help spec the internals..

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £277.58
(includes shipping: £19.62)

Back
Top Bottom