First bump

Soldato
Joined
17 Oct 2002
Posts
5,899
Stopped at a red light (on my way to of an interview - why do these things happen on days like this?) & the car behind me didn't quite stop in time. There are a couple of lines on my bumper but nothing else & his car seemed ok to. I got his business card & asked the car next to us if he had actually seem anything but he hadn't so no witnesses (not that it matters given the lack of damage). Is there anything else I should have done? Just wondering for the next time this might happen so I know what to do. In this case I think I was a bit lucky that nothing needs to go through the insurance companies etc.
 

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Joined
10 Mar 2006
Posts
11,274
Location
East Lancs
You should note the incedent with the insurance company as he might come back with "z0mg whiplash" on you. But make sure it doesn't go down as a claim on your part, unless you want them to fix the car.
 
Don
Joined
24 Feb 2004
Posts
12,006
Location
-
Call your insurance company with his details to report the accident. If there is any further unseen damage to your car at a later date you'll need it reported.

Did you agree to get your bumper repaired?
 
Soldato
Joined
9 Aug 2004
Posts
7,795
Location
Milton Keynes
Dup said:
You should note the incedent with the insurance company as he might come back with "z0mg whiplash" on you. But make sure it doesn't go down as a claim on your part, unless you want them to fix the car.

how could i guy how hits you claim whiplash?
 
Soldato
Joined
29 Dec 2002
Posts
7,308
It doesn't need to go through the insurance co untill tomorrow when you wake up and wonder why your neck feels the way it does :( Hope it isn't the case but it was for me.
 
Soldato
Joined
4 Nov 2004
Posts
3,040
Location
Norn' Iron'
reminds me or a similar incident i had, reversed (saxo) into a brand spanking new focus in a filling station, tiny wee crack on his no. plate where my toeing eye hit, he was cool about it, offerred him money for a new one but he didnt seem too worried, then his wife got out and started giving me guff about being an R driver, needless to say he told her to get back in the car.
 
Soldato
OP
Joined
17 Oct 2002
Posts
5,899
Not going to bother replacing the bumper, it seems fine & given he hit me any whiplash claims would be somewhat laughable from his end. He seemed sound enough & my neck etc is fine at the moment & I find it very unlikely it will get worse tomorrow, really was a fairly minor shunt, if it was more serious I would let the insurance company know...though that said I completely forgot to get his reg no :rolleyes:
 
Associate
Joined
29 Nov 2006
Posts
537
It is almost always the case that your neck feels completely fine and then the next day it hits you - excuse the pun :)
 
Soldato
Joined
29 Dec 2002
Posts
7,308
The other half was hit from behind while sat at lights with hand brake on, bumper had a tiny scuff about the size of my little finger nail... what we couldn't see till I got the car home and lifted the back end was the zorst had cracked (minor weld), the heat shield torn off a mount (again an easy fix as the zorst was coming off anyway to weld), the zorst bracket ripped (total PITA to fix as the bolt had snapped), the boot seal popped and the lower bumper mounts needed renewing. Gave up and went through insurance after that, kind of glad we did as she ended up having to take 3 days off work and couldn't drive for a week from whiplash that she didn't really feel till the next day.

Hope you don't have anything like that as it's not nice :(
 
Soldato
Joined
29 Dec 2002
Posts
7,308
Dj_Jestar said:
claims=scams.

Yea you're right, that's explains why i've been sleeping with a rolled up towel under my neck since boxing day, I actually wanted to scam the insurance company for a few quid :rolleyes:
 
Soldato
Joined
13 Mar 2004
Posts
16,649
i see it the same way too (sadly) i have to deal with a couple hundred of these 'claims' all the all the time, i deal with a fair few which we are actively pursuing due to suspected fraud.

i pay loads on insurance, i have to deal with these claims all the time, hence if i got banged, id claim too
 
Caporegime
Joined
18 Oct 2002
Posts
29,491
Location
Back in East London
Avalon said:
Yea you're right, that's explains why i've been sleeping with a rolled up towel under my neck since boxing day, I actually wanted to scam the insurance company for a few quid :rolleyes:
Scammer.
a1ex2001 said:
No harm in scamming a few quid back for whiplash they after all scam me for my payment every year.
Skipped pages Iron-Italian in the dictionary?
 
Soldato
OP
Joined
17 Oct 2002
Posts
5,899
Avalon said:
The other half was hit from behind while sat at lights with hand brake on, bumper had a tiny scuff about the size of my little finger nail... what we couldn't see till I got the car home and lifted the back end was the zorst had cracked (minor weld), the heat shield torn off a mount (again an easy fix as the zorst was coming off anyway to weld), the zorst bracket ripped (total PITA to fix as the bolt had snapped), the boot seal popped and the lower bumper mounts needed renewing. Gave up and went through insurance after that, kind of glad we did as she ended up having to take 3 days off work and couldn't drive for a week from whiplash that she didn't really feel till the next day.

Hope you don't have anything like that as it's not nice :(


Hope not as well :) Still seems ok about 80 miles on...as does the neck ;) Hate all the bogus claims etc so never gonna pull something like that, only would if it didn't feel right.
 
Back
Top Bottom