1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First ever build with my 11 year old son

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by OAidiO, Dec 1, 2019.

1. OAidiO

Associate

I was going to increase the RAM to 16GB if advised.

2. Danny75

Sgarrista

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £1,106.96 (includes shipping: £28.02)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Two monitor recommendations also included which'd be a good match for what you want. I prefer 1920x1080 at 24" size but some don't mind the loss in text sharpness in exchange for larger 27".

You'd need to install Windows 10 on your own or fork out an extra £110.

3. Journey

Soldato

Seems alright, terrible PSU and low amount of RAM. How much is 8GB extra costing you? Also the 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD combo isn't ideal when 1TB SSD's are only £75 these days..

I'll see what I can find for you, it is hard however this time of year. DO you really not have time to build it before Christmas then just pop it in the box?

4. OAidiO

Associate

I will probably struggle this time of year to build it before Christmas and I'd also hate to make a mistake with my first build being his main present. But if I can rally get so much more for my money then I will do it.

5. OAidiO

Associate

Thanks mate. Installing Windows has been a concern of mine but there's plenty of How to's out there isn't there?

6. Danny75

Sgarrista

Yes. As long as you have access to a second PC/laptop to download the Windows 10 ISO, and a USB flash drive 8GB or larger, it's very simple. You can even even start using it for free.