First Hi-Fi set up, few questions.

Soldato
Hi all.

Just a quick question, I'm thinking of putting a small hifi setup together, nothing special just speakers/amp and maybe at a later date a sub, I currently have some Logitech Z5500 speakers but the fact I can't currently use them for surround is annoying me and I can't really justify using them, also the sub is stupidly big. To be honest I feel like a wolly after buying them on impulse.

So, I'm thinking of getting the following:

Cambridge Audio Azur 340A

to go with these speakers:

Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom

As you can probably tell this is by no mean "high end", I'm looking to spend around £250 tops.

They will be used as speakers for my PC/TV so gaming/movies/music and whatever else you can think of, I have an Asus D2X sound card.

Can anyone add any comments on the above or recomend anything better? I don't mind buying 2nd hand if it is worth it, so feel free to recomend that, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh also, the sub I am considering would be the Gemini II, but this would be after a few months after buying the above.

Associate
Hey. I just put together a cheap hifi using exactly those components (the Azur 340 and Tannoy F1s). My main source is an Arcam CD player but I sometimes use my media pc too. The Azur 340 was bought second hand from ebay - cost about £80 and is in good condition. The F1s I picked up from richersounds as they are doing them quite cheaply at the moment. I'm very happy with them - I'd say a noticeable improvement over some old (10 years plus) Denon speakers and amp. I wouldn't have thought you'd really need a sub with those speakers but each to their own.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't have thought you'd really need a sub with those speakers but each to their own.

Which is one of the reasons I'm not buying it at the same time, I want to see what the speakers can produce alone, I listen to alot of very bass heavy music, so need to see what they can do.

Thanks for the comment :)

Top Bottom