first movie you watched at the cinema

Soldato
I remember a couple. A family outing to see Mary Poppins when it first came out In the mid sixties. From Russia with Love ditto in the early sixties and possibly the Parent Trap with Hayley Mills around the same time.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Jurassic Park in 1993. I was 10 :)
for some reason i thought it was released in 1990, it wasn't it was '93.

Same here, I was 8. I remember getting a themed plastic drink bottle with an extendable straw.

My parents didn't really do a lot with me like zoos and theme parks so this one stands out a lot to me in my memories. It's also one of those films that won't ever happen again. The shock and awe of believable Dinosaurs on the big screen thinking that could happen to you tomorrow was a big deal. In 2022 everything is possible on the screen and nothing is really new, even to kids.

Soldato
Some animated Disney (Peter pan, bambi etc) which was reshown in the late 80's. First film I remember was the original Star Wars on VHS/betamax as a kid around 82-ish I think.

Soldato
First film I ever saw at the cinema was when my father took me to see Zulu in 1964, I was 7 at the time - I spent half the time with my jaw in my lap but what an experience :D

Back
Top Bottom