first movie you watched at the cinema

Soldato
Star Trek the voyage home '86 in Newcastle in what I believe was the odian down the road from Fenwick's

Left early though as I was 5 ish at the time and it was too dark and noisy at the time , dad was a massive film fan.

Associate
First one that I properly remember was Transformers the movie (the original and still the best! ) in 1986 at the old Odeon in Wimbledon.

My poor mum suffered through it whilst I absolutely loved it, even if I did cry when 'that' moment happened early in the film :(

Associate
Star Wars 1977, my Dad took me and my brother, I was 6 he was 4.

It's one of my favourite memories of my late Dad, picking me up straight from school and driving us to the cinema, like he was possessed by James Hunt, in his Austin Morris 1100 before the film started.

You always remember your first as they say :D

Soldato
I genuinely can't remember.

I do remember Jurassic Park is the one that stood out the most, I'd say even today.

I had definitely seen movies in the cinema before though, I'd seen the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that was released about 3 years prior for example.

Edit: Going back through this thread I remember seeing The Land Before Time, which was 1988 apparently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom