1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Photoshop process attemps

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by sjt269, 16 May 2006.

1. sjt269

Wise Guy

As title, really.

These are my first attempts at processing pics with Photoshop, like seemingly everyone else does other than me. I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, and I have an in-built tendency to completely overdo things, so let me know what you think.

If anyone thinks my processing attempts are rubbish, I can post the original pics for you to have a go at as well, see how much better someone who knows what they're doing is. :p

This first one is the one I'm kinda worried about, I think it's a little too vibrant and 'in-your-face', but I'd like a second opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having some really bad problems with imageshack just now as well, apologies if the pics don't turn out right.

tTz

2. JonnyGLC

Mobster

First rule of saving JPEG's...

Don't apply uber duper amounts of compression to them so you loose a lot of detail in the photos, like you have done.

3. theMAD2

Hitman

Looks good to me, nice colours! Very punchy!

I think he's done it like that to post them on here, I'm sure the final images are fine. :)

4. sjt269

Wise Guy

Well the full versions are massive 2000x1000 pixels or something, and pretty large file sizes, so yeah, I had to cut them down a bit to post them here. The camera (being only a 3MP compact camera) doesn't have 'uber duper' amounts of detail to begin with either. :p

Thanks! :)

5. JonnyGLC

Mobster

But there's no need to apply so much compression to the resized images mate :) If you keep them below about 160kb you'll be fine.

6. sjt269

Wise Guy

I used the automatic imageshack resizer thingy to save me the hassle of doing it individually. Blame it. :p