First time shooting a football match

Soldato
Long story short, a local ladies football team had a new website made and they wanted some nice shots to splash around on it, a friend of mine invited me along to get some shots and i went for it, although yes it was my very first time shooting women running around kicking a ball.

I managed 256 shots overall and only 20 ish made the cut, although i could have so easily binned the lot

Everything was shot on a D7000 - Nikon 80-200mm F2.8 @F2.8 Iso 100 Spot metering.

Focus was off on most of them unfortunately.

here are some of my favourites of the day
If anyone has any tips on shooting football games successfully? I've read a few little snippets on TP and around the web but clearly it didn't pay off too much

_DSC0155 by Seraph82, on Flickr

_DSC0187 by Seraph82, on Flickr

_DSC0161 by Seraph82, on Flickr

Soldato
I did a similar thing some weeks ago and got a lot of help on here. I can't give you the link as I'm on an ipad and my new pup is sniffing the carpet with serious intent.
Check out my posts and you'll find the thread.

Soldato
Cheers Footman, just having a nosey on Derek W's stuff :)

dont do that cos that would imply that i can shoot football successfully :p

The stuff in footman's topic covers the basics that i use and the link in my sig shows you the ones that i publish on the club website. If you look at the latest gallery against Alloa thats the start of the tough shooting months for me as lower division games with light fading does not agree with my camera one little bit! The 5D2 hunts like crazy when following action. Tonight will be worse as I'm down at Coatbridge for the match against Albion Rovers and its yank the settings to the limit from the start ISO 6400 at f2.8 :(

If you have any other questions though, just pop a message on here and I'll help where i can.

Back
Top Bottom