First Trail Bike - Any good?

Soldato
I think I'd take the nx 1x11 on the boss nut, over the deore 1x10 on the jamis.

Other than that there's nothing in it really. I think the jamis looks nicer, but that's just personal preference.

Jamis weighs in at 13.8kg without pedals
Boss nut 14.5kg, presumably that's including pedals so they both weigh the same, give or take.

Soldato
I have had a Bossnut V1 for over a year now and I love mine. Take a look at the Calibre Bossnut riders facebook group - there's loads of them about. However I'm now getting to the point where components are starting to wear out so maintenance costs are going up - but this doesn't get any better with more expensive bikes!

Next on my list of things to do is chain replacement and rear hub service.

I also did a 1 year of ownership summary video if you want to take a look: https://youtu.be/LBoVH_MfKvs

Associate
OP
I have had a Bossnut V1 for over a year now and I love mine. Take a look at the Calibre Bossnut riders facebook group - there's loads of them about. However I'm now getting to the point where components are starting to wear out so maintenance costs are going up - but this doesn't get any better with more expensive bikes!

Next on my list of things to do is chain replacement and rear hub service.

I also did a 1 year of ownership summary video if you want to take a look: https://youtu.be/LBoVH_MfKvs
How often do you ride yours?

and how hard does it get used/how long per ride usually?

Soldato
How often do you ride yours?

and how hard does it get used/how long per ride usually?

I use it as my commuter and my trail bike so around 5-6 days a week I'm out on it - I usually try to incorporate my local trail into the ride as well and that has 4-5 drops and jumps I usually take too - I've taken it to the forest of Dean a few times and used it on the red runs there with no issue.

And twice a week I'll do a longer 30-40k cross country ride as well.

According to my strava, I've done just under 2000km on it in the last year.

Associate
OP
I use it as my commuter and my trail bike so around 5-6 days a week I'm out on it - I usually try to incorporate my local trail into the ride as well and that has 4-5 drops and jumps I usually take too - I've taken it to the forest of Dean a few times and used it on the red runs there with no issue.

And twice a week I'll do a longer 30-40k cross country ride as well.

According to my strava, I've done just under 2000km on it in the last year.

Jesus christ, I'm only using mine once a week haha

Back
Top Bottom