Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

I haz 4090!
Don
*raises hand *
Can't stand carp fishing haha will catch em if they're there but won't specifically target them, to sit there allll day in the same place for 1 fish no thanks :D
Bring on the 16th of June :cool:
Hoping to catch this little beauty again this year was near 2lb last time we met :D

Is that a roach!?

Associate
Got back late yesterday from a week in Wales, was going to go coarse fishing today but decided against it due to lots of extra water in the rivers and ponds.
Will be out next Saturday for definite though :)

Soldato
Did 3 hours on the canal yesterday evening, lots of Ruffe early on but caught a nice dace if about 8oz. As it got later I caught a few perch, the biggest being about 1lb. It's hard fishing on that canal but very enjoyable.

Soldato
I recognise the location ;) fished there maybe a dozen times or so and a few times with @NickK

Yep - that does look a bit Wall-ish :D East or West? A mate has just bought his own boat (warrior IIRC) that will be kept in the marina.. delivery December so it should be interesting.

Good to hear you're about Cainer :)

Been out a couple of weeks ago out on Valkyrie with Zak. Great day - only four friends and the entire boat. Tope, Tope and Tope. Conger, Rays and doggies with mackerel as bait also appeared. First time in over a year.

Man of Honour
Yep - that does look a bit Wall-ish :D East or West? A mate has just bought his own boat (warrior IIRC) that will be kept in the marina.. delivery December so it should be interesting.

Good to hear you're about Cainer :)

Been out a couple of weeks ago out on Valkyrie with Zak. Great day - only four friends and the entire boat. Tope, Tope and Tope. Conger, Rays and doggies with mackerel as bait also appeared. First time in over a year.

I'm guessing it's the West wall as it's a bit more 'snaggy' over that side,

Here's one i caught over on the west way back in 2015...

Nx9YZAw.jpg

Sounds like you've got many a boat session ahead of you then as your mate's bought a boat, nice :)

Soldato
I went up to Chatton Trout Fishery today, stocked lakes but they have a decent building with a cafe etc and my old man is on his way out so we wanted somewhere that he could rest up and have a coffee if he needed it.

Cracking day, too sunny for fishing really, but none of us blanked and we took a couple of nice 2 pound trout back for the BBQ. Plus the place is stunning so it was just nice to be out with no kids.

Only downer was my brother doesnt have a rod, my brother in law and I do. So he rented one, found a tatty old fly still tied on and then destroyed the days biggest and most fish challenge without changing the fly..:cry:

Soldato
Did an evening session on the Feeder yesterday, my maggots in the garage had turned into castors so they needed using up.

Caught a few Ruffe and a few decent sized roach, not near the 1lb mark but large enough for the landing net. Fished worm on the float as the light faded, hoping for some large perch, I had a stonking bite but it turned out to be a perch that was smaller than the bait!

Enjoyable evening though.

Associate
Back from week in cornwall - wanted to go macky and gar bashing to get it out my system for the year :D not a sausage tho didnt see one - musta known i was comin :confused:
fished talland bay , mevagissy , charlestown , pendennis , porthkerrris , pourthoustock , mullion cove, too much swell to try further down/ north coast this time:/
Had to settle for trusty old wrasse instead got some nice ballan and corkwing :cool:

Soldato
Back from week in cornwall - wanted to go macky and gar bashing to get it out my system for the year :D not a sausage tho didnt see one - musta known i was comin :confused:
fished talland bay , mevagissy , charlestown , pendennis , porthkerrris , pourthoustock , mullion cove, too much swell to try further down/ north coast this time:/
Had to settle for trusty old wrasse instead got some nice ballan and corkwing :cool:

I guess the cool spell will make the mackerel turn up late. I caught a decent Pollack off the point at Talland bay the summer before last on a lure. Not massive, but big enough to give my travel rod a workout.

DSC-4014.jpg

Associate
Its not a bad little spot down there , last year i was down there there was huge shoals chasing the bait fish right up in to the small gullys never seen so many mackerel in my life haha , ended up using a 1-7 g lrf rod with size 10 hooks with some bait fish which you could just scoop up by the handful was great fun :D
ye late summer + tons of may rot still about dont help i guess it proper stunk on the beach :s
caught my pb wrasse with mackerl feathers on the beach in the little cove there too last year
W6y4ojP.jpg

Associate
Was a nice suprise for me too :D
There's some big fish lurking in them rocks I had something rip out about 10ft of line (drag was so tight I could barely pull the line thru myself) then snapped off my 10lb amnesia leader :confused:

Back
Top Bottom