Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I've done Honest Burger and Patty n Bun in the same day. In my defence I walked about 20,000 steps between the first burger and the second one (long day out exploring in Londom) :p

Soldato
30i9yde.jpg

Gimme!

Soldato
Annie's Burger Shack is by far the best place in Nottingham - waiting times can sometimes be abit of a pain however the food is top notch.

http://www.anniesburgershack.com/

Very much so ... a double Boston Nibbler goes down rather well .... although the last few times I've been it's been for breakfast and after having a Lumberjack I don't need lunch ....

Soldato
I wasn't blown away by the one in Camberley when I went there the other night , but it was enough to make me want to go back this week and try something else.

I still think Flaming Cow in Eton is the high watermark for burgers around here. Had an epic one there the other day that ticked all the boxes and then some.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
That isn't a burger, it's a monster. I would much rather have something I can fit into my admittedly big mouth. Even if it involves less meat per bun. The best burger competition isn't a competition for the largest stack.

I think there's a balance. I like a bit of flamboyance and overloading with toppings, flavours and sauces in my burger. However some places have just turned it into 'how many patties can we fit and take the most outrageous looking photo for social media'.

Soldato
That burger is just about edible, but I asked for mine to come with three smashed patties instead of four and it was spot on for size. Two wouldn't have been enough and four is just madness!

Soldato
What's the best burger I can get in London? Staying there for 3 nights next week.

edit: I'm leaning towards Bleeker in Spitalfields market but open to other suggestions

Last edited:
Soldato
I wasn't blown away by the one in Camberley when I went there the other night , but it was enough to make me want to go back this week and try something else.

I still think Flaming Cow in Eton is the high watermark for burgers around here. Had an epic one there the other day that ticked all the boxes and then some.

I went to Flaming Cow last year and was pretty impressed. If you go back try the peanut butter one.

Soldato
What's the best burger I can get in London? Staying there for 3 nights next week.

edit: I'm leaning towards Bleeker in Spitalfields market but open to other suggestions
Most answered question in this thread :p

- Honest Burger
- Patty & Bun
- Big Fernand
- Meat Liquor

Bleeker is probably up there too.

Back
Top Bottom