Flamingo Land!!!!

Caporegime
Epic thread revival. Like, really, why not create a new thread? Not that the post warranted one.

because i used the search function and found this one? its on the same subject so i thought hey why dont i add a post to this one :rolleyes:

it shows the decline that has hit flamingoland is still on going even 4 years later where as a single new topic by me wouldnt have

Associate
To be fair all the big rides they removed have been replaced by equally sized rides so I can't see how it's any different to what it was 15 years ago or even 10 years ago.

They have only ever had 3 big coasters at one time. Now they have 4

Soldato
I thought it was ok the last time I went, I enjoyed the ride back too, right over some moors, throwing my little fez about, and avoiding the occasional sheep that wandered onto the road.

Associate
I'm planning on going there on the 12th next week but I'm not so sure any more. Is it still worth it?

anymore?

If you liked it before I can't see how you'll not like it now. The place still sucks for atmosphere, but ride wise it's far better than it ever was.

It has permanent roller coasters' now. None of the travelling fair crap like the magnum force and bullet. Indeed they did rock at the time though, but the park is better now it's dumped them back onto the street circuit.

It has the cliffhanger which is the best drop tower in the UK
The 120 Degrees drop Mumbo Jumbo
Kumila SLC - Highest SLC in the UK
Velocity - Think RITA on a motorbike
The new log flume, while boring is much better than the old one.
Trusty Corkscrew. Possibly the last in the UK?

Most of the rides that belong on the back of a lorry have gone. some interesting flat rides you'll not see the likes at a place like Alton Towers.

No where near the ride quality of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, but not a bad day out.

Coaster count for Flamingo is now 8. That's 4 additions since 2005

http://www.rcdb.com/4804.htm

Caporegime
Trusty Corkscrew. Possibly the last in the UK?
i have bruises on both my shoulders from that POS what an aweful ride if shakes about and knocks you around so much you may aswell go find mike tyson and call him a nobhead you will get the same experience.

i prefer smooth coasters.

and there may be 8 coasters at flamingoland but most of them are for children and have no ride height limit.

even the corkscrew my 5year old son went on it, he was big enough for mumbo jumbo aswell but it looked like you go upside down for to long so i wouldnt take him on.

i went on kumali with my step son whos 17 and i found it pants no stomach turning momemts you can barely feel any g-forces.....

and as i said before if you want to see animals then chesterzoo isnt to far from flamingoland and its one of the biggest zoos in the uk you could probablty fit flamingoland inside it 5x over

Associate
Well I went to flamingoland and it was awesome :D went with my girlfriend for my birthday and as long as you can look past the chavs, I think you'd enjoy it. Went on velocity, mumbo jumbo, kumali, had a wander around the zoo part for a rest and then had a final go on velocity. Had a great time, really enjoyed velocity, some completely different to anything else I've been on.

Associate
Well I went to flamingoland and it was awesome :D went with my girlfriend for my birthday and as long as you can look past the chavs, I think you'd enjoy it. Went on velocity, mumbo jumbo, kumali, had a wander around the zoo part for a rest and then had a final go on velocity. Had a great time, really enjoyed velocity, some completely different to anything else I've been on.

Glad you enjoyed it. If you want something completely different try and visit a few parks in Germany. Obscure is an under statement.

Agree about the Chavs, but it's no where near as bad as Thorpe Park.

Associate
I was gutted when they got rid of that vertical slide :(

Changed a lot. used to love top gun, I remember a guy who sat with me said he had a real bad heart condition and I had the controls. lets to say I told him I didnt queue to go round in a circle. He screamed the whole ride, espec when I took it out wider lol.

Back
Top Bottom