Flamingo Land!!!!

Associate
I was gutted when they got rid of that vertical slide :(

Same. Used to love that back in the 80's. Same for the one at Lightwater Valley too. Think it was called the Hell Slide

I was in the very room where the Flamingo Slide was a few weeks ago.

Can't find the flamingo slide, but for those interested here is a picture of the lightwater one that was very similiar

link

Last edited:
Caporegime
Second time it's been stated that Chester Zoo in not far from Flamingoland? :confused: Chester is now in North Yorks?

136miles isnt that far :p

most people who goto flamingo land wont live near it anyway and probably travel for a good few hours to get there and you realise theres not many theme park type places in the uk right?

the oods are wherever a lot of people are traveling from for a zoo they may aswell goto chester instead and some people in the thread were trying to say the flamingo land zoo is worth it when its not

Soldato
How odd, never heard of this place until today, what with their constant adverts every 15-20 mins on channel 5!

Perhaps the rides have gone to pay for their new over the top advertising?!

Associate
Well I went to flamingoland and it was awesome :D went with my girlfriend for my birthday and as long as you can look past the chavs, I think you'd enjoy it. Went on velocity, mumbo jumbo, kumali, had a wander around the zoo part for a rest and then had a final go on velocity. Had a great time, really enjoyed velocity, some completely different to anything else I've been on.

I'm the girlfriend!
So yea, I agree that it was a really good day out. LOVED the velocity ride, and mumbo jumbo (the 120 degree drop is insane!) but like he said, absolutely bombarded with chavs.
Nevertheless, I'd certainly like to go back :)

Soldato
Velocity is quite a good ride but Flamingo Land is not especially great. Corkscrew I remember because it just throws you about and you end up with broken shoulders.

Lightwater Valley is absolutely pants apart from the diamond in the rough that is "The Ultimate". I think it used to be the worlds longest rollercoaster. Wooden build and it really shakes you about. It's a great ride. You will want to go on it over and over.

Associate
Good old flamingo land! The owner of the park (well, most of it) is a nice guy, he ques with his 2 young kids for rides and even eats in the canteen with the staff even though the food sucks aparently! not doing as well as last year but from what i heard, the 20mill profit he made just for himself last year should see him through :p

Back
Top Bottom