Flash 10.1 coming (BETA this month, FINAL early/mid 2010) - NO iPHONE!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Adobe has finalised the plans for Flash 10.1 and all mobile platforms except iPhone will be getting it.

On top of this it has full GPU acceleration and some other bits.

iPhone is not getting it due to Apple not playing ball apparently, probably because they don't like the idea of people using Flash apps on the iPhone...

Looking forward to trying the BETA later this month :p

Soldato
About time, but a shame we have to wait so long for it to come to Android. Tbh, I've been a bit disappointed with Android lately. It feels like Google don't have their heart in it.

/me waits for recompiled version for iPhone, Steve Jobs getting narky about it, then officially launching it as a shiny new wonder feature at WWDC '10.

(Of course, ignoring that fact other phones have been able to do it for 6-12 months already in typical Apple fashion. *cough* MMS *cough*).

Soldato
Why would anyone want flash on iphone? Flash adverts on a 3G connection woo! Seriously the only time I use flash is for youtube and little flash games. the iPhone has a Youtube app and most flash games wouldn't work due to the touchscreen, plus you have apps for that.

Man of Honour
Why would anyone want flash on iphone? Flash adverts on a 3G connection woo! Seriously the only time I use flash is for youtube and little flash games. the iPhone has a Youtube app and most flash games wouldn't work due to the touchscreen, plus you have apps for that.
I want it so I can play prank sound boards down the land line phone easily to cold callers :(

Soldato
Why would anyone want flash on iphone?...the iPhone has a Youtube app and most flash games wouldn't work due to the touchscreen, plus you have apps for that.

For starters, it's really inefficient having every single website that wants to deliver streaming video coding an app for each smartphone platform.

Soldato

iphone user then? :rolleyes: Flash is used in loads of stuff. BBC content is a big one and loads of sites like weebl which i or the kids frequent.

Back
Top Bottom