Flash suggestions

Associate
Hi, I have been taking a few handheld shots about the garden this summer of Hoverflies up close, maybe not so much full macro, just a bit of fun but nice to get a nice pic and i was thinking a flash would help to freeze the pictures...not ring flash as i would like to use flash for other pictures as well .
Been thinking 3rd party under £100...easy to use,never used flash..so a lot to learn.
Oh ..camera D7200 with Tokina 100
Cheers

Caporegime
Nikon, 3rd party, under £100 - sounds like Yongnuo fits the bill :). I have the Yongnuo YN685, it's my first speedlite so I can't compare it to anything else but am very happy with it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Fair enough doodah,knew Yongnuo would probably be first name mention, think there are a few different models under £100 though.
Which one would best suit my needs ?
Cheers

Caporegime
I think my one is the go to model for most purposes, I've only exclusively used it for weddings (mainly dance floor shots). Has a good amount of power, easy to pair with a wireless trigger for off camera flash photography and built relatively well. Sorry can't be more help for your use case :o:p.

Soldato
I had the Yongnuo YN468 ages ago and that was solid. Cheap and super reliable. Great for getting into using flash but without spending a fortune.
The YN568 and YN685 are TTL flashes with the main difference of the YN685 having a built-in receiver if you plan on using it wirelessly.
The YN560 is manual only so avoid this one for a first flash.

Back
Top Bottom