• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Flashing Sapphire Radeon RX 6950XT toxic limited edition bios on Sapphire RX 6900XT Toxic Limited edition?

Associate
Caporegime
Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone is able to shed some light on this. I currently have a Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Limited edition. After watching a few reviews of the 6950XT do you think it's possible to flash my 6900XT with the 6950XT Bios? They seem identical. Below are the links from Techpowerup

6900XT - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-toxic-rx-6900-xt-limited-edition.b8697

6950XT - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-toxic-rx-6950-xt-limited-edition.b9633
I very much doubt it and would not recommend it.

Associate
I was looking into similar with the 6700 xt as a way of getting past the AMD memory upper limit. I got as far as identifying the GDDR6 chips used and their ratings (as expected, but dissapointingly, they reflect the recommended settings). These of course are guidelines and are (probably) minimums. As I have the 6700 Nitro+ the base/game/boost clocks are already at the 6750 or close enough. I can in the AMD software slide the memory to 2150 ... so I'm almost at 2250 ... there are plenty of reports of people doing the same, so it is likely that there is headroom there if it can be accessed. Any more than this I'd have to use MorePowerTool ... but as JediFragger said using a different board bios has its own risks, so I'd let someone else try it first, the lower risk route is to work with the existing bios. My card is new, so it is too soon to brick it.

Soldato
I dont know about changes to the PCB or anything like that but I imagine the 6950xt bios give the vram more voltage to allow for the higher clocks. Like Vega 56's and 64's. My Vega 56 couldn't get the memory clock I run until I flashed it with a 64 bios

Associate
OP
Nice arm!

Can you put up Hotspot/junction temperatures (in your overlay) and put up a video on YouTube?
There you go

I dont think it's fully stable at 2270MHZ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom