Flight SIMM PC required new or old

Associate
Was at the GSL , not many flight Simms around.

I am looking to purchase a machine that can cope with all the latest flight Simms

Looking for advice on spec or offers of good second hand

Soldato
Afraid you can only ask for 2nd hand goods on the members market which you need to have been a member here for some time to get access to. As for a new machine could you specify your budget and if you need a monitor/operating system included in the price?

Soldato
Hi, welcome to the forum.

You can get someone to spec you a machine to suit your requirements.
But you will not get second hand machine or components. That is restricted to the Members Market, which requires you to have 1000 posts.

Doh, to slow.

Soldato
where abouts is the members market please here? ta

From the FAQ:

The members market is provided as a free service to active and contributing forum members. OcUK are not liable for any deals that are done in the Members Market, you are free to buy and sell at your own risk. Please read the rules of the Members Market before you proceed to make your first sale.

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Once you satisfy both of these criteria, Members Market access will be granted within 24hrs. Please do not post on the forums asking why you cannot access the members market, if you have any queries, email one of the forum Dons/Admins. The contact addresses are available in the FAQ. There is no buying, or selling allowed outside of the Members Market.

Associate
OP
Flight Simm

Apologies guys , just joined today.
Got all the core kit inc o/s , just need the base unit.

Budget limited to £500 at the minute

Open to all suggestions

Thanks Dave

Soldato
Soldato
Fair enough, perhaps a quad core instead then [if you can afford it!]

i5-2400 [not recommended as you can overclock it - but if you really can't afford a 2500K its an option]

i5 2500K

It is a choice between faster cores (i.e. Intel) or more of them (AMD). Searching around, FSX likes a high IPC - Intel it is then. Don't completely rule out the i3, it will give OK performance, 20-40 FPS in FSX with addons if you are lucky and optimise it well I would guess.

Back
Top Bottom