Flood and coastal FdSc,sponsored. Chances at 32yo

Caporegime
Looking at this course.
It' a two year sponsored course (if you get sponsored) where it probably wouldn't cost my much due to the sponsorship. Basically it' viable.

But I'm concerned I'd have no chance at 32 for sponsorship because of my age.

Basically I do not like the line of work I'm in and this would be a great way to get into what I'd like to do.

Caporegime
Take a chance on it if you can afford to is all I'll say, what are you going to do when you're 50 and still in the same line of work looking back on life with regrets. I've seen a few people take huge pay cuts but it's completely changed them from being a depressed, stressed and miserable soul to someone who enjoys life, has a smile on their face and actually likes going to work regardless of the numbers coming in at the end of the month.

I'd only ever advise against this if you have children and need the steady income and job security, even then though you're likely to be a better father if you enjoy what you do as it carries over into your personal life even if you believe you can seperate the two. If I recall correctly though you've stated on here you don't want children so this doesn't apply :)

Caporegime
OP
No kids and no plans for them.
I don' think I can afford to do it unless it' funded (and no student loan as I've already had one).
An unfunded course would leave me with near no savings etc at end.

I don' need anymore income than what I'm on (low 30s) as my hobbies aren't expensive etc. But jobs I'd enjoy would probably pay well anyway

Back
Top Bottom