Flying Ants

Soldato
Hi,

We have a situation with flying ants getting into our kitchen, its absolutely disgusting, one will appear then suddenly there are loads of them, they are getting in through gaps in the floor outside somewhere which I need to sort.

As a short term measure has anyone successfully dealt with this problem? I cant keep spraying the kitchen with ant killer as it only seems to work for a few days and then they come back, we have a young family and I dont like the idea of breathing that stuff in never mind the time it takes to clean up afterwards.

Would really appreciate any advice for successful home DIY treatments?

Thanks

Soldato
As a short term measure you just wait it out.

They only swarmed for a day or two here, they get far away enough, bite off their wings and start a new colony.

Ant powder works best as it kills the ants and destroys the chemical path they leave. I suspect you have a nest under your floor and unless you take drastic action, the invasions wont stop. You can get stuff that they eat and take back to the nest which then kills the whole population.

Fun fact, there are approximately 10,000 trillion ants in the world.

Associate
They can be, a bait station is just the container for whatever it is you are attracting them to, rather than getting a bottle of powder.

I've had good luck with Ant Stop bait stations, B&Q do them (although ours didn't have any in for a while, I made he mistake of buying Rentokil instead which was useless so ended up getting some Ant Stop on amazon)

Soldato
I can confirm as well that the Ant Stop Bait stations worked a treat for us (and yes, the Ant Stop Bait stations at least have wee pellets in them that seem to both attack them and then they bring back to the nest)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom