Flying from Heathrow to Glasgow - Do I need my Passport?

Associate
you'll need photo id just the same as you would if you took the bus train or car :o

Oh wait.... :confused: other forms of transport don't require it.

Why?

Less chance of terroism with the other forms of transport you mention? I see what you are saying and that it can be a pain for such a short journey but I think it's necessary

Soldato
Ryanair for one will not let you travel without a passport anymore, even for internal flights so it's probably best to go to the source and ask your airline directly.

Soldato

Personally I don't see why airlines are in such danger either. The most damaging thing that could happen would be a big car/truck bomb in a big passenger ship. There's practically no security to stop things like that either. Or atleast there wasn't several years ago when I was last on a passenger ship.

Associate
Ryanair for one will not let you travel without a passport anymore, even for internal flights so it's probably best to go to the source and ask your airline directly.

Since when? EMA to Inverness a few months back only required a drivers licence (and a provisional at that), if its changed that sucks and means I'll have to get a passport :(

Soldato
Associate
I didnt need ANY form of ID for a recent trip from Heathrow to Edinburgh and back. I offered up my driving license but they said that they didnt need to see ID, just the boarding pass.

Back
Top Bottom