Flying UK to Sweden, do I need a passport?

Associate
Flying to Sweden tomorrow and just noticed my passport is out of date. :o Can I take it with me along with something like a drivers licence or birth certificate? If not I guess I'll try get an emergency passport today. :(

Soldato
As you are not stranded abroad having lost or had your passport stolen then you can not get an emergency passport. However you can have a faster application. There is premium service (£128) which you can get a passport 4 hours from when the application is accepted or the fast track service (£103) which will deliver the passport to you within a week of the accepted application.

You will need to book an appointment at the passport application centre to get the application accepted. This can take up to 2 weeks. The location of the centres are in London, Liverpool, Peterborough, Glasgow and Newport, and Belfast and Durham.

You must bring a completed application form and supporting documents to your appointment. Get a passport application form and guide on how to fill it in from a Post Office.

Soldato
I think the plan B is to contact the airline and get them to use their discretion to let you fly. EU countries are lenient to slightly expired passports from the EU.

An alternative plan B is to get to the passport office now or at the opening time and see if they can fit you in. I would do all the paperwork straight away.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah you need a passport :(

Most airlines wont let you board the plane without one, then you probably wont get let into Sweden without it when you try to get off.

Back
Top Bottom