Folding@Home News 19th - 26th November 2010

Associate
Perhaps I should revise my estimated ppd (due to bonus factor correction)......

I think it should settle in excess of 100k ppd :D

I guess I'm back to being a noob as I've never had the luxury of the bigadv wu's

Apologies to Brown Sparrow - you came so close to stomping me :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted myself, but honestly I still don't think it is good value considering the price of 2nd hand i7 kit. So I guess I can keep putting it off with that excuse... lol

Soldato
Great, another git with far too much money not being given to me! :(

SR-2 keeps getting more attractive! Must... fight.... temptation...!

I'm tempted myself, but honestly I still don't think it is good value considering the price of 2nd hand i7 kit. So I guess I can keep putting it off with that excuse... lol

In your mind picture a brand spanking new unboxed sr-2 and follow instructions below closely :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Seems to be a fair bit of activity at the moment - long may it continue :p

Chugging away not too bad at the moment. Still only got two of the i7s Folding at the moment. Can't get over to the old flat to fetch the third due to lots of snow and me having a sports car which doesn't do snow :o

Nice rise in output from the team - pats on the back all round.

Here's my latest tiffy picked up a few hours ago:

18mil.jpg

Can't believe Biffa's got 10 million ahead of me already - it hardly seems any time since he passed me for the top spot. I tip my hat to you Mr Biffa :cool:

Thanks as always to dekez for the news and a warm Foldy type welcome to the new people :)

FOLD ON TEAM 10 :D

Soldato
:eek: Nice tiffy Bigstan well done :)

No Mr Speed your not supposed to purchase yet, we get a small army together and inundate OcUk thats the plan :D

lol. I'd say too late, but I lied, never actually purchased! ;) :o

I think 11 million will be my last tiffy, this whole folding "thing" is costing too much money. Electric bill is silly high atm! :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Back on topic of overclocking. linx and IBT both use Linpack to stress the system so I'm assuming they're the same. I use linx personally.

I'm got rather lazy overclocking this Phenom and it only got a 15-20 min run on Linx before I let it loose with the SMP client, the same applied when I decided to test for the lowest voltage needed.

Dam you all with your mighty large wallets and life experience and all that. I want mighty folding rigs of doom.

Soldato
Testing OCs is for chumps!

With my server last week I cranked it straight up to 4GHz from stock, ran IBT for 5 iterations then let it loose with bigadv! I spent more time waiting for my server to shutdown and reboot than I did OCing and testing lol! :D

Soldato
You just need to cut back a bit, keep it over 30K though or I will stomp you :p

Yeah maybe, I'm going to remove the graphics cards from one rig and run it for a week. See what PPD/Watt I get. Might be a better way of doing things until I can afford the electric all year round.

Man of Honour
Just get rid of the GPU's power wise each GPU is about the same power draw of an i7 but the i7 can get 3x the PPD of the GPU.

Soldato
Good news about the news! Jason said he will start working on the custom Team 10 XML feed on Saturday. :)

I will keep the stats up to date on my end, but wont post any updates in here until I have changed the script a bit! :D

Back
Top Bottom