[ Folding ] We only need 13,000ppd more to start catching ABXzone

Associate
If we can up our average just a bit we can re-take ABXzone who are just 4,000,000 points ahead of us.

Anyone up for increasing their production? There's not been much said about folding on here recently.

Fold on...

Soldato
Was thinking of taking over the news - Fridays and weekends are out (family time) but should be able to knock something up over a lunchtime or two.

I'm also in the Seti gauntlet but will be folding again when that finishes.

Soldato
I'm now in my own flat and paying the bills, so folding it out for the moment :(

Hopefully I'll be able to return at some point in the future, as it's worth it for the science if nothing else.

Associate
Well after a three month break i'm back! And have stomped 5 places in a week :cool:

Should be outputting ~18k ppd for the forseeable future.

I do miss the news :(
Would happily contribute but wouldn't know where to start!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm pushing out about 25k ppd at the mo, don't think I can go too much higher though.

On an unhappier note though... we have a few contenders looking to stomp us real soon...

stompx.png

Would happily contribute but wouldn't know where to start!

Have a look here and play with some of the links :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice going .walls! (What hardware you folding on?)

News wise, Rich hasn't been as active recently :(

Yay good to see, looks like the old squad will get back on it's feet after next month :)

Exactly, after the gauntlet and with some new/old guys back we should be good for 300K+. Though KE1HA (40k+), Ataro (25k+), Tomo (25k+) and Senture (20k+) etc would certainly help :(

One thing I believe puts people off, including me is how crap the clients are. Take Bionic for example, it's brilliant. You can pause stop, switch projects around etc, all from one main program. However with folding is just a mess of programs that aren't particularly friendly to set up or maintain with closing pausing for gaming etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
One thing I believe puts people off, including me is how crap the clients are. Take Bionic for example, it's brilliant. You can pause stop, switch projects around etc, all from one main program. However with folding is just a mess of programs that aren't particularly friendly to set up or maintain with closing pausing for gaming etc.

I know what you mean, I've written little batch files now to start them all up and set the affinitys, but you still have the console windows at the bottom of the screen.

I'm surprised you can't do folding through boinc, anyone know the story there? I would have though it would have made sense, unless they were worried people may move away from folding if they had more options for different projects?

Soldato
I had a google and can't even see any other discussions on it, maybe no one else has thought of it... :eek: :p

Seems strange though, since it would be far easier if it were possible.

Soldato
from memory bonic and all the various modules (if that the right word) are open source code - hence the lunatics optermised files.

F@H software is copyright (I think) and not allow to be 'tweeked' so it can't use Bonic as a distrbution method - rosseta is simular to folding but open source.

If you think about it F@H is used as a tool for science papers - if you allow anyone to tweek the code the peer review of an new paper would question it's 'fairness' due to unreliable data. It's much easier to lock the software and remove the problem by design.

Seti, or primegrid or many other don't have the same issue - as a focused look with a scope or caculator an confirm/deny the 'possative' result in hours.

I would guess that the other more practical science projects are either very open with there experimental method - or as with seti it used to narrow down the 1:infinity chance of finding something.

Associate
Nice going .walls! (What hardware you folding on?)

Cheers - 5x X7350s... :D

Got a 720BE that I could fold on as well... can't do anything with my 8800 gts 512 - don't have windows installed. They really should write a linux gpu client as well :(

Back
Top Bottom