Following on from Rittenhouse another Self defence tragedy ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 236143
  • Start date
Soldato
Nice warning shot mate, or how about aim for the long big things called legs so he has a small chance of not being dead afterwards

Im not fire arms expert, I’ve fired a few guns in my time, but as far as I’ve been told, you never shoot to wound. You aim for centre mass, so you don’t miss and hit someone else, so you don’t miss and give the person a chance to attack you, and so you don’t open yourself up to a lawsuit. If you are in fear for your life, you take their life.

Soldato
The kids are apparently now refusing to live with the mum because she’s with the man who killed their dad. Utterly horrendous situation.

Soldato
He literally tries to take the gun whilst saying “I’m going to take that gun and kill you”, if the little guy didn’t hang on to the weapon, where you can see him get flung with it, the reverse might have happened.

Yeah maybe I don't really want to watch the video again, it's distinctly different to a 17 year old kid being chased down for me, this escalated very quickly and a gun was produced in a situation that really didn't warrant one.

Caporegime
Yeah maybe I don't really want to watch the video again, it's distinctly different to a 17 year old kid being chased down for me, this escalated very quickly and a gun was produced in a situation that really didn't warrant one.

It seems in some parts of America that every situation warrants a firearm being to hand.

Man of Honour
Countries a **** hole.

I first went there in 1976, I lived there for 5 months in 1978, and up until Covid I visited once sometimes twice per year, I got married there in 1994, and I go around with my eyes wide open, not missing much.
Not everything that happens there is good, but a ****hole? Not in my estimation, not in a million years.

I watched that on Reddit a couple of days ago, simply horrible.

What an awful country America has turned out to be.

Couldn't pay me to live there.

A very good friend of my wife migrated to Denver CO in the late seventies, married and subsequently divorced an American and has lived in Colorado ever since.
After the January Capitol invasion my wife asked her if she had any concerns about staying there and did all the guns on the streets ever give her cause for concern.
She said that Colorado is an open carry State, but the only guns she’d ever seen were on a cop’s hip, and as much as she loved to come back to London every couple of years, she still retained her U.K. citizenship, ( might be a dual citizen), she’d never come back to U.K. permanently, or even think of living anywhere than just outside Boulder CO.

Soldato
Im not fire arms expert, I’ve fired a few guns in my time, but as far as I’ve been told, you never shoot to wound. You aim for centre mass, so you don’t miss and hit someone else, so you don’t miss and give the person a chance to attack you, and so you don’t open yourself up to a lawsuit. If you are in fear for your life, you take their life.

well good luck to the guy in court, i hope they give the psychopath life

Permabanned
I first went there in 1976, I lived there for 5 months in 1978, and up until Covid I visited once sometimes twice per year, I got married there in 1994, and I go around with my eyes wide open, not missing much.
Not everything that happens there is good, but a ****hole? Not in my estimation, not in a million years.

Have been many times, its a beautiful country being ruined by guns and loons turning it into a corrupt sewer. Was considering an RV touring holiday in the next few years but given the ever spiralling issues I dont fancy it anymore.

Soldato
I watched that on Reddit a couple of days ago, simply horrible.

What an awful country America has turned out to be.

Couldn't pay me to live there.

Its crazy right!?!? stuff like that never happens here.... oh wait

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-59377956

As for the OPs video, looks dodgy to me, as others have said doesn't seem a need for the gun should have gone inside and called the cops.

But on the other hand, if someone pulls a rifle on you, you shouldnt call his bluff on whether hes gonna use it or not, I certainly wouldnt start getting physical.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Its crazy right!?!? stuff like that never happens here.... oh wait

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-59377956

As for the OPs video, looks dodgy to me, as others have said doesn't seem a need for the gun should have gone inside and called the cops.

But on the other hand, if someone pulls a rifle on you, you shouldnt call his bluff on whether hes gonna use it or not, I certainly wouldnt start getting physical.

And it's still relatively rare for people to be killed by guns in the UK, that murder you linked to, for example was done by a knife.

No less horrible of course.

Soldato
The most concerning thing is the complete lack of emotion from the killer, man is so imbued by a 230+ year old document that no longer holds relevance in quite a few parts, that he just goes straight to arguing with a neighbour like he didn't just take a life and has a dead body on his doorstep. Body that a few seconds was alive and a biological father to children he is a stepfather to.

That country is screwed beyond belief when it comes to its gun laws.

Last edited:
Soldato
Murder,

I mean he swung him around let go of gun and pushed him away, then the dude shoots him from like 8-10ft away. Disgusting little cretin tbh. Kid will now found out mommy's bf murdered dad all because she was being a dick.

Soldato
I watched it one time only. I thought it was strange at first as well. I thought it was an air soft gun at first until the camera returned to the body. I've no clue about guns but what made it so quiet, do shotguns normally have silencers?

It was a 9mm PCC or "Pistol Calibre Carbine" so basically a semi-automatic (one trigger press per bullet), 9mm bullet (handgun sized bullet), long barrelled and stocked gun - effectively a 9mm pistol bullet shot from a rifle looking thing. It may have been suppressed (had a silencer fitted) but it's hard to tell, however no-one reacted to the volume of a 9mm being shot inches from them (or the others filming) and a 9mm even from a "rifle" is bloody loud which leans towards it "maybe" a suppressed gun.

The other strange thing I thought as he stands on the porch, was the way how he casually stands in anger after the incident like it's no big deal.

The most concerning thing is the complete lack of emotion from the killer, man is so imbued by a 230+ year old document that no longer holds releveance in quite a few parts, that he just goes straight to arguing with a neighbour like he didn't just take a life and has a dead body on his doorstep.

And seemingly no understanding of the consequences of killing his girlfriend's children's father.

To link back to my earlier comment -

As for the guy shooting, I'd suggest that he's just going through the fairly common "disbelief" stage of stress where it's not really sunk in yet and he's more angry that the guy didn't just walk away from his repeated "I told him to walk away" statement rather than realising the enormity of what he's done. If you see enough videos of shootings you see this stress reaction a lot.

So not a "doesn't give a ****" but a common stress/shock reaction to a high stress/adrenaline event. Hell even the dead guys female friend/videotaper didn't react to a "dead body on a porch" for over 40 seconds, is SHE a monster for not showing emotion to a dead person as well?

V F

V F

Soldato
So not a "doesn't give a ****" but a common stress/shock reaction to a high stress/adrenaline event. Hell even the dead guys female friend/videotaper didn't react to a "dead body on a porch" for over 40 seconds, is SHE a monster for not showing emotion to a dead person as well?

I didn't say that. I have no idea how it feels to be in person killing another human being nor do I have any intention of trying to replicate it. Seeing a video and being there in person carrying it out is two entirely different things. Especially with everyone analyzing it endlessly.

You also don't know what they watch and do in their spare time. A lot of people become desensitized when they watch pretty gruesome things for so long then it becomes the norm to them. Just like the mainstream media has been good at that as well, showing very graphic footage endlessly and thinking nothing of it.

Look at the guy that done the mass killing in Norway. He seemed lifeless on what happened.

Back
Top Bottom