Following on from Rittenhouse another Self defence tragedy ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 236143
  • Start date

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah people on here fail to grasp that the vast majority of America is largely peaceful suburbs where people don't see guns on a daily basis and just go to work and live normal lives, it's like people in America thinking the entire UK is a rough part of London ravished with knife crime

Or as what happened with Brexit. Thinking it's only racist people that lives in this country.

Soldato
Yeah people on here fail to grasp that the vast majority of America is largely peaceful suburbs where people don't see guns on a daily basis and just go to work and live normal lives, it's like people in America thinking the entire UK is a rough part of London ravished with knife crime
Both my brother and sister lived in the leafy suburbs in the states and both had serious concerns about gun’s including the awkward pre play date conversation of ‘do you keep a gun in the house and if so is it sensibly secured?’ The school lockdown drills, the metal detectors on campus, the armed guards at drop off (posh private school!) the list goes on and on. My brother is in the forces and has served on active duty and even he found it a regular concern.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both my brother and sister lived in the leafy suburbs in the states and both had serious concerns about gun’s including the awkward pre play date conversation of ‘do you keep a gun in the house and if so is it sensibly secured?’ The school lockdown drills, the metal detectors on campus, the armed guards at drop off (posh private school!) the lust goes on and on. My brother is in the forces and has served on active duty and even he found it a regular concern.

Seem like sensible precautions in a country where guns can be possessed and where school shootings have happened, realistically America is fairly safe for the majority of people, it's just a very big country with a large population so bad things do happen.

Soldato
Seem like sensible precautions in a country where guns can be possessed and where school shootings have happened, realistically America is fairly safe for the majority of people, it's just a very big country with a large population so bad things do happen.
I don’t disagree, it’s just scary when one of the key facts every school you view gives you is how long it takes them to lock down and the new ones tell you about the curved corridors to hinder an active shooter. What do you do when your child wants to go on a play date or to a party at the home of the family who have loaded firearms not stored under lock and key, given the stats around accidental shootings etc? Yes is is a pretty safe country for the majority but the extra measures necessary because of an out of control gun culture is bonkers!

fez

fez

Caporegime
A few posts there pointing out things I didn't know.
To me it was murder.
The guy had already called the police and all the pair needed to do was to go inside.

Its just another prime example of why people should not have guns. In the UK, they would either have had a fist fight and called it a day or more likely nothing would have happened. As it was, the guy tried to wrestle the gun from him and he was kind of within his rights to defend himself.

If he hadn't brought the gun into it in the first place it wouldn't have happened but American law doesn't really consider that as far as I know. When you say its OK for your average borderline retarded human to own a gun you are acknowledging that they are allowed to use it in some capacity.

Despite what we in the UK would think I can't see where what he did was likely to get him in trouble.

Soldato
Its just another prime example of why people should not have guns. In the UK, they would either have had a fist fight and called it a day or more likely nothing would have happened. As it was, the guy tried to wrestle the gun from him and he was kind of within his rights to defend himself.

If he hadn't brought the gun into it in the first place it wouldn't have happened but American law doesn't really consider that as far as I know. When you say its OK for your average borderline retarded human to own a gun you are acknowledging that they are allowed to use it in some capacity.

Despite what we in the UK would think I can't see where what he did was likely to get him in trouble.

My gun has been in Pasco County gun club for years.
It's never killed a thing.

You don't get fist fights these days.
You do get knife fights.

I think you're thinking of 1970-1990s UK when there was fist fights.
And the winner would always buy the drinks.

Back
Top Bottom